Latest Catches 2

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 861 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

yea but look at swell map i wouldnt listen to the weather if its from metservice. i always go via swell maps wind direction and its usually right

yellowfin
    Participant

sea looks to be well below 1m swell for 2morrow with a patch of ssw wind but mainly nw and ne although most of 2morrow the swell is below .5 at brighton with one rise to .5 might evengive it a go myself. hmmmmmmm

yellowfin
    Participant

looking at the webcam fromthe pier it looks pretty good out there compared to a few days agoit looks real rough

Yakkaman
    Participant

Spoke to the boys at brighton sport shop a couple of kingies were caught by trolling around Taylors 2 weeks ago 30- 45lbders
    I might head out there this avo on the kayak.

yellowfin
    Participant

oh thats good to hear

Miliwolf
    Participant

Went for a Surfcast and Fly fish at a local river mouth today.

Had my three surfcasters out, two baited with prawn and one with mullet. While they fished I caught a steady stream of small to medium size KY. Checked the surfcasters every hour or so but only caught a single small KY on them. Basically fished the out going and low tide, and there was a gentle onshore wind producing a chop.

Combing surfcasting and river mouth spinning/fly is a good combination I feel. Now I just need to wait until the big ones turn up :)

rdeejay
    Participant

Fished Birdlings flat on saturday from 2:30 to 8:30pm, caught about a dozen tiny dogfish(grrr) 2 red cod, one keeper of a decent size and one put back, 2 school sharks 1 landed and put back and one rather big school shark which was just a big dead weight on my line so took a bit of effort to bring it in just to have it ping off the hook when beached in the surf(damn undertow!). Conditions were rough with a big swell and a massive breaker which caused a bit of havoc with the line at times and was impossible to detect bites but i use self setting recurves so just checked the line now and again. Only 3 other people fishing after around 4 and they caught nothing, so go figure.

gunnercoops
    Participant

3 of us have just come back from Amberley…and for our efforts have one small school shark to show…and caught on a manky bit of squid. Had one decent bite/pull on raw prawn and that was it. ..was going to go to Baileys but was put off by swellmap..maybe should have gone anyway.

yellowfin
    Participant

I fished at the Pier Saturday. Caught plenty of crabs, mullet and kahawai during the day. Few good size School Sharks and a big Rig caught once it got dark. Also two good size Kahawai hooked, one during the day fell off when they were pulling it up. I didn’t seem to have much luck with the School sharks once it got dark, and only ended up getting a couple tiny ones.

PierMaster
    Participant

might head out to birdlings tonight anyone keen? lol

my mate tala is the one that got the rig last night i think wasnt it zac?

yellowfin
    Participant

Yeah, he got the big Kahawai just on dark, then a big school shark that rolled and snapped him off before he could gaf it, then he got another big schoolie, then the big rig.

PierMaster
    Participant

not goin out n e where 2dae zac?

yellowfin
    Participant

Not sure, I thought it would be a bit rough at the beaches from the Southerly yesterday. Might go out to Dorie beach later.

Here’s a picture of that Rig, not a very good picture though.

yellowfin
    Participant

these decent sized schoolies and rig you boys are getting are you just handlining them up to the pier or are you taking them to the beach? and how are you going about gaffing them are you gaffing them from the beach or doyou hav a gaff on a rope or what? didnt end up going tp pier loast night went for a trout fish instead

yellowfin
    Participant

gunnercoops amberley beach has not been fishing very well lately i would not hav gone this morning unkless it was from sorta 4am till high tide as i find it fishes much better on incomming tide and from about half to high tide will proberbly go there more during winter at night but moving soon to other side of town so will be more likely to go to birdlings etc

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 861 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.