Latest Catches 2

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 861 total)
  • Author
    Miliwolf
    Participant

But you are a booger.

fishsnatcher
    Participant

I am ashamed to say….. I have never tried crayfish so i don’t know………
    to be honest it doesn’t look all to appetising….. just a big crunchy spider with a tail

yellowfin
    Participant

cant say im huge fan of crayfish either rather use it as bait

yellowfin
    Participant

we uses quite a bit of the stuff up here in the Bay.
    Got a tail sitting in the frezzer ready 4 nxt time i go out.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Spent a few hours fishing at Saltworks (6pm-9pm), incoming tide with a small moon.

Conditions looked good on Swellmap, but they were not once out there. Large chop on the sea with a cold wind (NNE). Spent most of the time in the car :) Used cooked big prawn for bait, Caught nothing.

Managed to retrieve my crab pot, but it is badly damaged. One of the storms must of freed it.

Should of looked at the weather stations and predict wind before heading down there. I suspect the Wind arrived a few afters before forecast.

yellowfin
    Participant

Miliwolf

Miliwolf
    Participant

Yeap targeting rig.

I did have a third rod out with bonito but that was also untouched.

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Managed to get out yesterday evening first time for a few weeks, down in the saltworks area. Caught a small rig and a red cod. Rig on cooked prawn cod on pilli.

fishsnatcher
    Participant

May summer come fast, the cold leave soon, and the dogfish all disappear. :)

yellowfin
    Participant

i second that

Miliwolf
    Participant

The sea temps around Cloudy and Clifford bay are now above 15*c which is a good sign. It was above that during September but got knocked back several degrees by a southerly system.

Still only 13 south of cape campbell.

yellowfin
    Participant

Went to the Pier Friday/night. Loads of Kahawai around, must have been some big schools of them around the Pier. Some people were hooking two at a time, and there were a couple fairly big ones caught.

Sevengillz
    Participant

Spent most of the evening down the ways.Beaut sea and weather.Not a hell of alot happening bar the red cod giving me arseholes so decided to keep a couple for baits.
    Had a load of prawns with me but was waiting till sun down to lob them out.Got the first prawns out and they were quickly set upon by something but I couldnt manage to hook them up.Was using 6/0.I only had a few premade rigs so didnt have anything smaller to try.Anyway this happened a few times and I was spewing I couldnt land one.There would be a few good tugs then some erratic shaking/fighting.This was no red cod and it nothing like the few spikys I got also.
    Im inclined to think maybe some small rig or I have no doubts that it may have been Moki,perhaps a passing school milling around.This was well into the dark hours and the reds n spikys had been absent for an hour or two.I wouldnt imagine it being a kahawai in the pitch black so im gonna have to bang some different rigs together and make a few night trips and see if this can be sorted :lol:

Miliwolf
    Participant

Just gotten back from down the coast, planned to fish at the cliffs but there was a caravan parked there….. So headed back towards the intake.

First bait was in the water around 7pm, before I could cast the second rod I caught a modest rig. My first confirmed Lemon of this Summer :dude: Fishing slowed, caught a handful of Red Cod. Around 10pm had another fish on which was a stronger fighter then the other Cod, might of been a small rig. Went home around 10pm.

Fine weather, calm sea. Incoming tide (High 9:45pm), Banana Moon. Bait whole king prawn.

Jones Jr.
    Participant

Went to the Pier this evening, used paddle crab trying for rig but no luck. Didn’t look like many people were catching anything, a few small dogfish / perhaps school sharks look to of been caught though. And the odd mullet.

Perhaps a snapper Sevengillz? LOL, ok but it’s a nice thought!

Cheers
    Aaron

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 861 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.