Latest Catches 2

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 861 total)
  • Author
    Sevengillz
    Participant

mate only god knows whats out there..especially after dark :shock:

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Sevengillz

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Miliwolf

Miliwolf
    Participant

Your general area, but one ‘entrance’ closer to the pier then you I suspect. I basically drove to the beach at the start of the small sand road north.

I have had several big strikes then drops at seaview one day, they occurred mid winter and during the day. I was using fairly large hooks at the time, personally put them down to KY. The ‘Tennyson inlet’ setnet experiment indicated they feed close to shore around the new moon.

[quote:1rlbxhsf]
    June 23 2008

Went down to Seaview today, got there around 10:30am and the sea was calm for the area. The first fish of the day was a small doggie, followed by a weakly fighting KY and then a red cod. Over peak tide I got several powerful strikes but none got hooked.

bait: Pilchard, Bonito, Piper

edit: Also went for a troll in the wairau/opawa yesterday afternnon, water was quite dirty. Caught nothing but found the Sealion body which was in the news. Looked like DOC took the head.

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Cheers for the know, i know the track that runs to the beach, yip thats a little along from where i was, that spot is where i caught my first ever rig and first ever beach fish using the left overs from a cray my mother had cooked up. Of the rig iv caught down there 90% have been caught in that general area. May well be i good area to keep trying for the elusive elephant too.

Miliwolf
    Participant

There is just so many spots down that way, hard to get a good feel for one area. Then 20 meters down the beach there could be a slight hole or reef which could bring a entirely different results.

Was going to head down to seaview for a fish this morning but the weather stations are already shown gusts up to 20knts. Plus I sleeped in :|

Sevengillz
    Participant

HookLineSinker

storm
    Participant

went out for a flick yesterday arvo and got a small 7 giller it was about 5 and a half foot
    its good to know there back !!!

PierMaster
    Participant

Went fishing last night at brighton pier got 2 small rig one bout 900gr and one just over a kg threw both back

yellowfin
    Participant

storm

PierMaster
    Participant

Hey Aaron see that you said you were at the pier on sunday night was it? i was down there on that night and got 2 rig what time where you down there?

Jones Jr.
    Participant

Hey man

Me and Steve (Shark_Tale) got there about 7.30pm I spose and stayed till about 9pm. The northeasterly was a bit cool and the fishing seemed slow so we left.

We were fishing on the right hand side if you were going to walk towards the end of the pier. Probably about 20m back from the end on the right, sort’ve where there is a bench seat. Where were you?

I’d like to go on this forum trip up to Kaikoura but maybe we could have a small gathering at the Pier one evening and try catch some rig? Or anything else? There is Booger (Danny), PierMaster (name? Sorry, lol), tracknz (sorry can’t remember name :)), Shark_Tale (Steve), me (Aaron), Firy Ginga (Greg), perhaps also Zac and Leigh (vip_yo) and others could come if they want? We could share techniques etc etc, would be fairly easy for most to go to as it’s not like you have to travel out of town. This coming weekend is looking no good weather wise, the 15th and 16th are looking good for an evening tide. Same goes for the 29th and 30th, probably the 29th and 30th would be good to aim for as it gives most time to plan one of those evenings in advance. Besides the Maori fishing calendar says the 29th and 30th are excellent fishing days! LOL.

What do people think?

Cheers
    Aaron

PierMaster
    Participant

ae i was down at the pier then as well i stayed till like midnight tho :P got first rig at 11pm and then bout 11.30

My name is Andrew

and yeah that idea sounds brilliant! im keen as

tracknz
    Participant

Hi guys. I would be keen to meet up andput some faces to names. A couple of us are going to the pier on Sat night about 8.00 to try for a rig. High tide is about 1.00am. :grin: Dont know about having piermaster there though. lol. I never seem to catch any fish when that hairyarse is about.
    Robbie

yellowfin
    Participant

Did you still end up going for a fish at the pier, tracknz?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 861 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.