Latest Catches 2

Viewing 6 posts - 856 through 861 (of 861 total)
  • Author
    fishforpot
    Participant

What sotra 4wd? it gets along there easy enough?

gunnercoops
    Participant

A borrowed atv….wish I had taken sunscreen!

Miliwolf
    Participant

Just gotten back from a few days over at Westhaven and Golden Bay. The bay was calm but there was a nasty wind on the coast making fishing hard.

Caught a few small Kahawai in Golden Bay one evening, and a few big ones in Westhaven…. A few of the whitebaiters were getting decent catches.

yellowfin
    Participant

Fished at the pier on saturday/sunday. Caught a few red cod and a skate. Was 3 rig caught on Saturday night, none on Sunday night when I left. A school of barracouta came past on sunday night, first one I got to the surface before it bit the hook off, casted out again then not long after noticed my line slack and reeled it in to find a barracouta had hit my line just by the float and lost my entire trace. So decided to put out a herring under a float and landed a small one.

Miliwolf
    Participant

I have found that Coutas love floats.

Ok, the only couta I ever caught surfcasting was taken on a floated bait.

yellowfin
    Participant

Couta I got a couple weeks back and lost pulling up was also on a float rig. 5 hook ledger with a whole bunch of beads, shiny sequins and attractor blades with a fixed float above it all to give it some movment. Good for kahawai and barracouta, but also had red cod and school sharks on it. Haven’t had a problem with crabs at all with it either, they just dont touch a moving bait I don’t think.

Viewing 6 posts - 856 through 861 (of 861 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.