Latest Catches 3

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 849 total)
  • Author
    tracknz
    Participant

Shark_Tale

yellowfin
    Participant

Talking about the weather it looks like its going to be a pretty strong La Nina spring/summer which means dominant NW which is what we like for these easterly beaches.

yellowfin
    Participant

When I signed up to this forum I was I think 14 and made a lot of stupid posts but luckily people grow up

gunnercoops
    Participant

Shark_Tale

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Not caught by me but one of my Checz pruners caught a SALMON out of the Opawa river in the middle of blenheim behind their house they are staying at, using chicken heart while trying to hook an Eel!!!

Mal
    Participant

Well funny you should say that, because I had a report of salmon being caught in the Waitaki river up until the end of last month, 8 to 14 pound in very healthy condition.

yellowfin
    Participant

took a work mate for a fish yesterday hes just learning at this stage he managed to have fun though he caught 15 doggys and a top of about 1 foot maybe slightly bigger so he had fun i got 38 doggys and a seagull the seagull was the best fisght of the day closely followed by 3 doggys at once

St_Paul
    Participant

HookLineSinker

fishforpot
    Participant

I dont chase mudfish …..but how would using chicken heart for bait be any different than dangling a pillie under a float up the Kaiapoi ?

Or do rules for mudfish vary from river to river ? or did they ban using bait to catch a fish that wasnt meant to take bait once its entered a river ?

St_Paul
    Participant

Regs for bait are as follows.

“Bait” means:

Natural fly.
    Natural insect.
    Natural spider.
    Natural worm or worms.
    Natural crustacean.
    Natural fish (excluding fish ova, or any portion of a fish, or shellfish (mollusc).
    Uncoloured bread dough.
    Any scented lure constructed of, or treated with, elements that have chemical attractant properties

yellowfin
    Participant

took my work mate for a fish again today of the lifeboat breakwall at sumner. managed 30ish doggys a small schoolie and 2 redcod

yellowfin
    Participant

Went for a cast today at spot N . had a big run from something lost it and found it had bitten a hook off . Nearly hit a dolphin in the head when i cast caught a shag and um 31doggys bloody cold in that wind another dude fishing caught a few doggys too. Just doggys but sure better than spending money or sitting at home in front of the tv all day

yellowfin
    Participant

Hoping we might get some good weather over the next few weeks as im thinking of going to kaikoura for a couple of days

Mal
    Participant

Had a cast midweek for a couple of hours, 6 dogs & 2 red cod, one of which started to spew whitebait out when I was removing the hook.

yellowfin
    Participant

Fished at the pier this afternoon, got a few doggies and saw a couple small schoolies caught. Apparently there’s been a few kahawai around which seems to be about the same as last year so should be more and more around as we’re nearly into September.

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 849 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.