Latest Catches 3

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 849 total)
  • Author
    Miliwolf
    Participant

Fairly certain the first surge of KY follow the whitebait in, or that could just be the ones which overwinter consolidating around the river mouths.

yellowfin
    Participant

I guess from around September onwards

St_Paul
    Participant

can go anything from august – april depending on the whitebait runs as mili said. Think whitebait season starts 15th of August up here.

have you got the whitebait net all ready yet mili?

Miliwolf
    Participant

only takes 10 seconds to get my whitebait net ready. Have never gotten into it in previous years. But tempted to purchase a set net this year and do lazy baiting like most other people on the river banks.

St_Paul
    Participant

nothing to stop you casting a line whilst waiting for the bait ;-)

yellowfin
    Participant

Kahawai usually turn up at the Pier in August/September. From what I saw last year the ones caught in August-October were all big ones and then from November/December onwards the small ones start showing up in bigger numbers.

mulletman
    Participant

i caught a small rig yesterday, here at waimari, is that good or bad or normal, or just unnatural???

fishforpot
    Participant

He’s back folks …..off the meds and back in all his former glory lol ……..

Nah , seriously tho , it wouldnt suprise me ……
    If you said youd caught your quota of 28lbs I’d be scratching my head ….
    I see the forcast for next month is LOTS of westerlies …….nor west and warm , when it calms it will let cold air from the antartic to come flowing up ….so a month of extremes maybe
    It will bring an early autumn … but no doubt sep-oct will be crap so all will be well in the universe again lol

yellowfin
    Participant

whos off his meds old mulletboy talking shit? lol i want to go fishing today but are still in bed and looking azt the sst its only like 9.something degrees

Miliwolf
    Participant

Not common, but also not surprising. Although would have considered a large rig more likely then small at this time of year.

mulletman
    Participant

hooked somthin at akaroa heads today it ran for 3 minutes before snapping a swivel

St_Paul
    Participant

buy better swivels :grin:

mulletman
    Participant

thank you :D

mulletman
    Participant

my old mans in papa new guine catchin all sorts of random looking fish off the rocks. he got a nice gaint trevely too. :roll:

yellowfin
    Participant

tracknz

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 849 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.