Latest Catches 3

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 849 total)
  • Author
    fishforpot
    Participant

Crickey that must be a small tacklebox lol ….
    Your doing well being online after being out fishing at 2am …..Id take 2-3 days to recover after that effort …..maybe Im getting old

Just been past the pier , the surf is looking quite nice for an afternoon fish along the beach …..thinking elephant fish might be the order of the day

As long as the forcast westerly is there , not some sea breeze …..drove along the beach yesterday arvo , some nice holes in places , and open water at your feet in others

Just need that layabout seahunter to get his lazy arse out of bed and were into it

tracknz
    Participant

The fiery ginga

tracknz
    Participant

fishforpot

yellowfin
    Participant

yea nice rig looks to be about 1m long good stuff. lookin at the swellmap camera at brighton it looks far calmer today than it was last night .shame there hasnt been more rig the last 2 weekend though. like last saturday staying till 4am and only saw 3 caught .

Anonymous
    Inactive

nice rig from the pier !!

nice day for a fish down at spencer park…another time maybe

Im heading down to south brighton to stock up on bait for the rods and longline,

good luck… :P

fishforpot
    Participant

Dont use the “L” word around here , its a dirty word

yellowfin
    Participant

well time to piss of and go for a fish. for me that is

fishforpot
    Participant

Well , no elephants or rig to be had today , tho , as with the other 2 outings Ive had this season , Jaws is out there eating all my hooks ….2 more today !

I cant really be bothered catching some big fat ugly shark that Im not going to eat , so wont be rushing to stick some steel trace on ….but I’ll tell you this , if he goes thru an airport he’s gunna set off the metal detectors and thats a given lol

Anonymous
    Inactive

more than likely greyboys, they are being caught both sides of the peninsula……we could be in for a shark summer,

might have to start a new thread “SHARKS”

crabs, tuatua from south brighton …. lots of clams and clumps of mussel’s washed up on the beach…. the gulls were feasting :D

fishforpot
    Participant

bittin off twice without even lifting the breakaway sinker …….60lb trace …….I would think something bigger than a greyboy ..possibly snakes tho

yellowfin
    Participant

just got back from amberley. bit of chop onthe water when the NE was blowing lost a couple rig tail wrapped one and it busted off at the waters edge other spat the hook. managed to land one though . was quite pleasent when the light NW was blowing which calmed the sea then a strong easterly came up just after i had casted and thats when i got the rig i laned after that it was too hard to cast into. had about 10-15 hits as well which did not hook up.

Sevengillz
    Participant

Howdy all,

Been awhile…I dusted off the rods today and headed down to one of the usual haunts to wet the first bait since the beginning of winter,doesnt look like ive missed much :grin:
    Was a beaut day weather wise but a bit quiet on the fish front.
    Got to the spot around 7am and got a pair of greyboys then a pair of dirty old reds.They took moki scrap baits then they disappeared and things died down for an hour or two.
    I found a couple of lemon soles buried in the freezer too.They must of been in there 12 months :roll: they were promptly added to the bait bin.
    After an hour or so of no bites I whipped a pair of sole baits out one was taken about 5 mins after slapping the water.A 2 – 2 1/2 foot sevengill was beached and well…atleast I could say I had caught the smallest sevengill I had ever seen :grin: Another big sole bait lobbed out and about 20mins later a sevengill around the 5 foot mark was at my feet…not big but made a half decent run and gave my old line a well needed stretch.
    The skin was getting a bit pink by then so packed it in about mid day.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Was thinking of heading down to the Shark beaches myself but went whitebaiting instead and caught nothing. I have a large pile of Flounders in the Freezer which I want to use up and I suspect a Sevengiller might just accept one, .

This evening I decided to go for a Rig fish, arrived at top secret location S at 6:45pm. Threw out a couple of rods baited with crabs and threw my Crab catching into the Sea…. Very very slow… Only caught a handful of Crabs all evening and little action on the surf Rods.

After half a hour or so HLS turned up and fished a bit down the beach from me. He had a bit of luck. Finished fishing around 9:45pm. The tide was incoming (High tide after 10pm) and the sea was fairly choppy with a bit of wind.

Got a secret mission tomorrow in my Kayak :wink:

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Yea managed a couple of rig (first ones landed for the season) and a handful of crabs also. The first rig was smallish and must have landed the bait in front of it cos it was only a couple of minutes in the water. The second rig was of much better size at 5kg and a nice struggle to (caught this one just after mili left!) prawns were the bait.

fishforpot
    Participant

Just got back from Taylors Mistake …….not many bait fish around , got a few eventually …was hoping for some KY’s …a cuda cut up 1 livey , then left it , weird …

Just to be different , put a bait on the bottom … and caught a small school shark ……at about 3 oclock I got reefed by a large skate or sting ray …..it wasnt terribly worried about being hooked tho , just wandered around the corner and that was that …

Some natives turned up , snorkling , and threw me a near legal paua , which will be used next outing ….
    And as I was leaving , witnessed some asians taking pics as they do , of a still alive 5 lb moki …..seems the setnet ban is maybe starting to really help the fish stocks

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 849 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.