Latest Catches 3

Viewing 9 posts - 841 through 849 (of 849 total)
  • Author
    oldgreyboy
    Participant

surfcasting today first time for season about 10 am had work be4 that took squid hoping for an early schoolie went to cast here is a ceramic ring sitting on the bailarm rusted out of the holder so used the other rod got 4 dogs and two small schoolies checked the other rods first ring it fell to bits too lol got two more at the shop just as well it wasnt later in the season.

fishforpot
    Participant

Ive heard rumour of elephants off tuamutu already …..”same source who said 100+ kingies caught off rocks at tumbledown bay christmas day a few years ago” lmao

Im not heading out for at least another 4 weeks tho …..
    Except for a mission rock fishing ……..

yellowfin
    Participant

Ive heard the same rumour thru the fishing stores, could be a stray cow getting in close for a feed!
    Wouldnt be wasting my time quite yet, typically wait till about larbor weekend, although got a couple long weekends before then so who knows.

yellowfin
    Participant

ok so im stumped, with the earthquake meaning sewrage is being pumped into the waimac and the estuary still, what beaches are ok 2 surfcast from and take fish and not have the risk of them being polluted?? or does this mean all beaches north of the peninsular and south of Amberly are a no go zone? as i saw a surfcaster out pines the otherday, any info would be much appreciated as i wouldnt mind using these school holidays to do some fishing , Cheers

yellowfin
    Participant

im sure all the beaches that they recomend you do not fish from will have the signs telling you about so id asume if theres no sign it is safe

tracknz
    Participant

The council are saying the water at all local beaches is safe for swimming, surfing etc so can see no reason not to take fish from them. The rivers would be a different story at the moment though. Is that a whitebait, brownbait or piece of toilet paper lol.

fishforpot
    Participant

I asked the gook at the chippie shop today , he said there still isnt much elephant fish in the markets …..thats a good indication …..

I dont think the appearance of egg casings on the beach means anything ..the eggs are laid in the sand , and dont hatch over night , so I assume they were laid earlier in the year

oldgreyboy
    Participant

the quota for fishing boats starts oct 1st there will be eles in the market next week already some bags of cows have been caught off timaru hoping for a early start to the season.

yellowfin
    Participant

I live at pines beach,and we have started surfcasting.We have been told that the beachs at least 1km away from the mouth is ok.hope that helps guys.cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 841 through 849 (of 849 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.