Latest Catches 3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 849 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Its been about a year since the last latest catches thread was made and for summer 2009-2010 I thought it best to start a fresh.

As at the posting of this new thread the last latest thread had [b:ini6lajd]22994[/b:ini6lajd] views and [b:ini6lajd]860[/b:ini6lajd] posts!

PierMaster
    Participant

sweet

Well heres 2 rig that i got on sat night from the pier

“>
    “>

my friend is shit at taking pictures….
    they look like the same fish but there not lol

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Didnt managed to land any but i can say there is rig to be caught in marlborough off the beach too.
    Popped down to the beach yesterday avo and hooked up on two good sized ones, the first one swirled to the surface had a tussel and through the hook Bugger!
    The second one (may well be same fish) this time it had a big run then turned and tusselled with into the breakers only to have a big set of waves move through and mash ny lines into the rocks, result bustoff and watching a lovely rig swim back through the breakers with some jewellery attached even bigger BUGGER!!!
    Crab and cooked prawn were the baits and i would put the fish at 4 to 6 kg specimens.

St_Paul
    Participant

Any hints as to which beach HLS? :wink:
    Had a bit of a dusk fish out of waikawa in the weekend. plenty of smallish kahawai but not much else.

Anonymous
    Inactive

the outlook for the rig season is good and a couple of nice fish from the pier above,
    I camped over at pigeon bay (banks peninsula) in september, and was launching my inflatable to retrieve a flounder net from an overnight set,
    when an old digga (local) pulled up in his tinny with a nice brace of rig on the deck, I commented that these were around early ….he agreed

I have caught rig on longlines in pigeon bay (whole baby squid baits) I think maybe they come in for the crabs in holmes bay…some nice flounder to be had
    at pigeon bay too..although sometimes we have to fight the crabs for them lol

I have been out myself twice in the last month (baileys beach) chasing rig…. first time I caught zip, and the conditions were good,
    last time out I caught a bag limit with three of them being large specimens… all we need now is for the elephants to come to the party :wink:

fishforpot
    Participant

Lasts night outing to catch some crabs for bait was a miserable failure , as predicted I must add …
    Promtly canceling the planned next days fishing to Baileys for lack of bait …….

Got up this morning , and looked outside , what a cracker day ……decided I would try my luck anyways , figured as it might be worth buying some crabs on the way.

Conditions were about as big as youd ever want , the odd 3m+ swell mixed in with lots of that shitty weed that clings to your line , pulling you into the breaking surf and dragging your gear along the beach …
    Dropping down to the 1 bait , and belting it over 100mtrs , and the gear was holding just enough to make it fishable …

Was most fortunate that each time I came close to giving into temptation , a rod would buckle over ….
    Can confirm jaws is still out there , but there’s 3 less rig in the ocean ….oddly enough caught on the small frozen crabs pinched off the above poster at the conclusion our last outing …….no point even trying to ring him tho as he’d not be out of bed until about 4pm

yellowfin
    Participant

Try to keep posts on topic as much as possible guys its starting to get abit out of hand.
    Also we dont really want to know what you get up to in your spare time, I’m sure there are plenty other forums that want you to post that.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Was a decent tide (High tide 10pm) so decided to head down to the beach for a fish. I was out of Crabs so wanted to restock but the prevalent wind of the day was from the NW or NNW which typically means unpleasant conditions at the crab spot.

So off to cloudy bay instead… There was a bit of a breeze with a choppy sea but no swell to speak of. First line was in the water around 7pm, first and only fish followed shortly after. A healthy looking modest Red Cod who took razor clam for bait. My raw prawns remained untouched all evening.

As it grew dark the wind died down even more and the evening was quite pleasant. Was considering packing up when I saw a bright light out at sea, I instantly thought “Moon Raise” so decided to fish a while longer… The light looked a bit strange, but I thought there must have been low cloud blocking parts of a large moon…. Kind of looked like explosions. Looked liked wellington was being bombed…. Shortly after I realised the flashing lights were most likely the Welligton City firework display. Was quite surprised to see them from the Marlborough coast. So was a bit disappointed that I did not get to fish Moon raise. Stopped fishing at 9:30pm.

tracknz
    Participant

Lol shark tale. I go fishing in my spare time. :lol:

yellowfin
    Participant

tracknz

Anonymous
    Inactive

joking aside…has anybody caught a fish lately or are we….. ‘ beached as’ :roll:

yellowfin
    Participant

Beached as….
    Been out twice recently and nothing to show of

yellowfin
    Participant

went out last sat with the guys at the pier saw piermaster get those 2 rig his mate got a smaller one earlier and i got a bloody red cod. a few small school sharks caught and a skate. got to cold bout 4am so i went home for a feed of curry

tracknz
    Participant

Hi guys. After 6 hours of nothing I got a damn nice rig on my last bait down at the pier around 2.30 this morning.
    http://photoshack.com/displayimage.php? … at=0&pos=0
    First time ive tryed to post a pic on here so if it dosnt work someone tell me how to go about it please.
    I have no idea on how heavy but by the time I managed to get it up the beach and back up the pier (was low tide at the time) I was pretty stuffed (no need for comments about fat and unfit ok, lol) Tacklebox in the pic is about 350mm long.

yellowfin
    Participant

shit yea nice rig rob… where there many caught after i left?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 849 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.