Latest Catches 3

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 849 total)
  • Author
    Miliwolf
    Participant

Sounds like the rig was patrolling the beach around High tide, was tempted to stay longer but my bait stockpile was depleted and I wanted to save the few crabs I have caught for next time. Plus I had to empty all of my Surfcasting gear from my truck and load up my Kayak equipment for a early start.

The sea was to rough next morning to fish the spot I wanted to, so spent the day Kayaking around a Bay in the QC. Nice day but no fish to show for it. Tides are looking rather crappy for next week.

HookLineSinker
    Participant

yip right about the tides, the rig was the only sign after 2 and a half hours after the last one as all the other baits were coming in untouched so i think it was just another loan soldier.

yellowfin
    Participant

Fished at the pier over the weekend. Got a small rig on Saturday night on my kahawai trace on bonito. Got another small rig and another eatable sized one on Sunday night but person pulling the bigger one up lost it getting it over the rail. Got another rig last night as well. Also got a few kahawai and red cod over the weekend. The rig seem to be caught pretty far apart, but there was 4 on Sunday night including one good sized one.

PierMaster
    Participant

A decent 3 1/2hrs fishing
    all weighed on scales
    got a 22lb, 21lb, 17lb, 15lb 12lb rig
    11lb & 7lb elephant fish

<a href="“>
    <a href="“>
    <a href="“>
    <a href="“>

Miliwolf
    Participant

What type of scale do you use for the larger fish?

PierMaster
    Participant

Digital handheld

Yakkaman
    Participant

Good catch Pmaster not bad for a beginner :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sweet to see the new sign up at the pier showing all fish and crab limits in many different languages.

PierMaster
    Participant

Gee thanks Doug, I seen ya in that fishing paper this month lol nice

Miliwolf
    Participant

Thanks.

Been thinking of getting same scales, but I feel the handheld ones which hook in under the fish jaw would extort quite a bit of stress on any of the bigger sharks planned for released. So thinking of making (or buying) a type of sling which would support the fish along its entire length when lifted above the ground. Something like this http://www.canlive.co.nz/boulder/images/sling.jpg Feel it would be good on sevengillers because they seem to be rather soft and floppy when carrying.

tracknz
    Participant

Yakkaman

tracknz
    Participant

Very nice catch Andy. A trip out to Baileys could be worthwhile now.

yellowfin
    Participant

Yes the new security guy is there till 5pm on weekends now. I still don’t think there’s really anyone on the week days apart from maybe the odd visit by a ranger.

yellowfin
    Participant

Well done Pmaster. They are great fish – what a catch. Top marks for catching them and posting the pictures. Just brilliant! Yellowfin :grin:

Anonymous
    Inactive

nice pics piermaster…. excellent fish !!

St_Paul
    Participant

Nice fish pier master! Any clues as to location and bait? :wink:

looks like a mid canterbury beach?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 849 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.