Latest Catches 3

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 849 total)
  • Author
    fishforpot
    Participant

I found from years of fishing , that ele’s can be timid , almost slow at feeding , often other fish will hit your bait way before an ele …

If you want to target ele’s and only ele’s ….use paua meat …..it works as well if not better than crab ….

yellowfin
    Participant

From what I found fishing at the beaches last season the rig were around when it was a bit rouger, but on days when it was calm I only caught eles.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Fished the wharf in Kaikoura last night, catches were fairly typical for September with no Moki being landed. Thought the warmer august could have gotten them onto the bite.

yellowfin
    Participant

Really wanna get up to Kaikoura but the long range forecast is pretty much rain every couple days and cold nights. Really hope the weather improves by October.

Miliwolf
    Participant

There was a little drizzle at times last night but all things considered the weather was pleasant. I would not take much notice of long range forecasts with the current weather and leave decisions until the last minute because the weather seems to be quite chaotic .

St_Paul
    Participant

you’ll have to wait for the slip to be cleared. Thats a Sh^&load of gravel!

elmo22
    Participant

was up kaikoura this weekend didnt do any fishing went out on whale watch saw 2 whale then went into barnys rock and that was were the slip is counted 12 trucks one side and 8 the other plus what was on the move to dump the rocks.. big slip alright…only got eles on tuata and rig with crabs,prawns have used others baits but they are the best for me

Miliwolf
    Participant

Not surfcasting, but went for a dive in port Underwood and saw a lot of Moki, including a few very nice ones. Plenty of Paddle crabs on sandy bottoms so plenty to bring the rig in.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Going for a Sound fish Saturday night, Plan is to spend most of the night fishing and completely exhaust myself allowing my body to ignore the start of daylight saving. Should be seeing more interesting catches shortly.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Back from my overnight trip.

Arrived at the point in Te Mahia bay around 5:30pm, after scouting out the wind conditions decided it was sheltered enough to fish. Rods in water at low tide, a few minutes before 6pm one of my rods bent over and was pulled into the sea. I retrieved it to find the fish still on. Could feel headshacks on the end of the line so was fairly certain it was a snapper or maybe a sevengiller wrapping itself, was not long before I caught a glimpse of Red. If I was fishforpot fishing a isolated point on Banks peninsula I would realise it was a nice watery red cod, luckily I am not and quickly had the chunky snappers on the rock. That one got released and a few minutes later had another strike and run but that was it for the night. Not even a nibble over Moonraise, Hightide or dawn. Went home after the spotties woke up in the morning. Would post a pic if I can figure out how to download from my phone. If I can’t just picture a typical 6lb-ish snapper (edit: lost the usb cable so not going to happen).

Looking forward to the longer evenings thanks to Daylight saving. Might go for a Rig or Moki fish later this week.

Edit: Also had a look for Flounders in the grove arm this morning, tide was about 3/4 in. Did not see any, must go there one night with my flounder light.

Edit 2: I also successfully striped and reconstructed my reel which went for a swim. I suspect I fixed more then I broke which could be a first in my attempts to service reels. Had to dismantle bits three times because I left parts out :evil:

Mal
    Participant

Went out for a couple of hours at Waianak on Saturday evening, warm westerly blowing the sea flat, had 2 rods out and never got a nibble,on the bright side at least the dogfish seem to have disappeared

Miliwolf
    Participant

No dogfish being caught is always good news.

yellowfin
    Participant

Went to kaikoura today water was calm as and looked really clean. Although had no rods with me i were there for a day for work was beautiful day there will def be here agian very soon

fishforpot
    Participant

No rods ? are you wrong in the head ???????

yellowfin
    Participant

only went there for work as soon as i did what we had to do we came home

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 849 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.