Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    Jones Jr.
    Participant

Rig and elephant fish (Tope to?), will a pulley rig and the rig like Zac drew up just the other day be fine for both species?

Cheers
    Aaron

Sevengillz
    Participant

The fiery ginga

Miliwolf
    Participant

Jones Jr.

yellowfin
    Participant

reading in a fishing mag from a year or so ago that had an artice about surfcasting the top half of the south island from kaikoura to karamea it says that those banded wrasse things you catch around the rocks and stuff are appaently good eating if you fillet the fish and rub salt into them and

Miliwolf
    Participant

Branded wrasse are average eating. They have a lot of meat once you have gotten through the bones. They are not the tastiest fish in the sea. Similar to Moki or the darker meat from KY.

yellowfin
    Participant

moki are meant to be good i thought… the darker meat on the kaiwhai near the skin tastes like absolute crap!!!!!! i dont really like kaiwhai at all i ussally release them or if soeone wants it to eat they can have it. or bait

yellowfin
    Participant

ive eaten quite allot of moki this week n as a eating fish id say they were good and ive tried alot of fish from around the world

Miliwolf
    Participant

Moki are average in my opinion. If I had the option to eat a moki or a KY I would choice the KY. I only keep Moki (and KY for that matter) to feed to my father.

I look forward to eat blue cod, butterfish ect but would be disappointed to eat KY or Moki.

yellowfin
    Participant

i dont mind moki too much but would rather blue cod

yellowfin
    Participant

never tried gurnard .blue cod fresh is great sushi style never tried terakie either

yellowfin
    Participant

gurnard is lovely to eat blue cod raw

yellowfin
    Participant

went inthe kaiapoi for a mullet fish today a lil dissapointing really got about 40 mullet a small salmon which died on the hook it was only 10cm long and 16 smelt

yellowfin
    Participant

[quote:28nwc3c1]where do u catch blue cod from the shore
    You can get them from the shore at some places around Stewart Island, and off the wharf at Bluff. I was told by one guy that people catch Blue cod off the beaches around Timaru and further south at certain times of the year.

Miliwolf
    Participant

I have caught legal blue cod from beaches in and around the outer Marlborough sounds.

yellowfin
    Participant

yeah i’ve caught quite

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.