Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Cool to hear about the Elephant fish being caught, especially on a prawn! lol. A good Tuatua bait wrapped in some of that elastic cotton would hopefully do the trick to I would think.

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

anyone heading out this weekend?

yellowfin
    Participant
    yellowfin
    Participant

tried to go to amberley beach today although looked to rough with breakers starting

yellowfin
    Participant

Went to Lyttleton again today, this time fished around by the fishing platform they have there.

Literally about 1 minute after my first cast I got one of those smallish Kaiwhai (not big but not tiny).

However that was it, got quite a few dogfish and that was it.

So have 3 herrings, two Kaiwhai and a spottie for cod bait next weekend. Will the cod show however not being winter yet??

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

is that at akaroa? im thinking of heading there next weekend

yellowfin
    Participant

Yep, will be in Akaroa indeed.

The tides are looking pretty good being in the evening, I’ll prob go on Saturday evening.

Feel free to message me and we could meet up, will have a few other friends coming down with me to.

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

yea

yellowfin
    Participant

The pub! Good idea.

Yeah, the tide isn’t that late but should do.

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

yea mabye

yellowfin
    Participant

Just back from timaru wharf. Heaps and heaps of yellow eyed mullet there at the moment. I managed to get quite a few

yellowfin
    Participant

what size cod you get and what condition was it is? any worms?

yellowfin
    Participant

The cod wasn’t very big so i decided to throw it back. It was a legal size so i could have kept it. It was in excellant conditon, probably one of the most healthiest looking

yellowfin
    Participant

out at the mouth of the mak again today got maybe a dozen kaiwhai but all really small the largest being maybe

yellowfin
    Participant

Had a go for some mullet where all the big boats are tied up on the Kaiapoi river next to the main bridge. Got a few nibles but nothing, spent around an hour there. Was using a standar ledger rig with two small hooks and trevaly for bait, but nothing.

Went to the mouth of the mak to try our luck, got a few bites but didn’t get anything. Did you see a black VW Golf on the side of the road HEAD? That was us.

But yeah, nothing….

It’s a hard road finding the perfect mullet fishing hole, where fore art tho mullet….

Cheers
    Aaron

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.