Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

no i didnt see that there although i cant say i was taking any notice i was down towards the mouth more .oh you were fishing at the wharf in kaiapoi? i can say ive fished there for a few years due to the lack of fish there noit seems strange thoug that

yellowfin
    Participant

i have a funny feeling i saw yellowfin at the mouth of the mak today as well he came and was talking to me earlier in the day as he was leaving

yellowfin
    Participant

We saw the BMX track and the boat ramp etc but there were boats being launched , waterskies coming up all the time. Quite a busy piece of water so moved on to the mouth.

What bait are you using to catch the mullet?

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

i caught them on a few different baits trev bonito pillie mussel and kaiwhai

yellowfin
    Participant

Jet skies I mean.

Yellowfin the admin? Can’t say I’d know what he looks like! arghh. LOL.

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

Oh hail thy mighty mullet bait, guess I’v just got bad luck.

Soon the mullet shall be mine! lol.

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

yea i fish just up from that boat ramp about 100m.well if yellowfin is allan who runs this site it was him

yellowfin
    Participant

i tried mullet for bait but it was taking to long to get any interest n it while when using the trev and binito it was getting

yellowfin
    Participant

I saw down closer to the mouth there looked to be more people in what almost looks like a pool where the current is slower.

Will just have to keep trying. I think the lower reaches of the Avon or the jetties next to the yacht clubs on the side of the estuary would be a good place to go.

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

Think I’ll get some shell fish for bait next time, there’s loads of cockels in the estuary that are easy to get at low tide. Or go get some Tuatua at low tide.

That should spark some interest one would hope.

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

yes i was the one fishing right in the middle of that pool

yellowfin
    Participant

Did you have a white car? And were you with a few other guys?

Just before we left I drove up to that pool and had a look, a guy had just caught one of those small Kaiwhai you were talking about. Maybe it was you? Hard to remember between all the different people there though.

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

no i wasnt in a car i left there at 3ish i think it was

yellowfin
    Participant

and i was

yellowfin
    Participant

Ahh, ok cool.

You must live close then!

Cheers
    Aaron

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.