Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 1,186 through 1,200 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    tracknz
    Participant

Hey all. The boys at the local sports shop were telling me this arvo there were a couple of eles caught ofthe point at south brighton and a rig taken at north shore earlier this week. So its out of the freezer with some pipis and crabs and off down the pier on saturday evening to start stocking up the freezer.

ciliaris
    Participant

That’s like a starting gun to me!! Whoop whoop!

Miliwolf
    Participant

Just spent from 6pm to 11pm at the saltworks, used prawn for bait. Conditions were nice, moon rise was just after 11pm (large moon). Caught zero fish.

A bunch of guys on the pier caught a large skate and plenty of KY between 6pm and nightfall.

Had a crab pot off the pier for a while, ended up getting it stuck. So if anyone wants to try and pull it free it is connected to a orange/yellow/green rope tied near the end of the wharf. I could not get it to move :?

The rig must turn up sooner or later, I had good feelings about tonight.

yellowfin
    Participant

I was going to go out today, but the weather is crap as forecasted.

yellowfin
    Participant

Went up to Kaikoura on friday for the night with Aaron. Fished the wharf with little succes, caught mostly spotties during the daylight then on evening and into the early night we were catching red cod. Aaron caught one moki, although undersized and I hooked up on one that fought pretty well and took my line under the wharf were it busted off. Definitly the most fight Ive had from a moki. The one disapointing thing with the wharf is the fact that the light at the end of it is no longer working, and it looks like the crane on the wharf is no longer operational, which makes me think that there no longer going to keep up with maintanince or there is going to be some major work done on it.

With out the light there I think fishing till the small wee hours wont be the same. Probably only be able to fish for a couple hours after sunset.

Also went for a surfcast on the main railway station beach, had a few bites but nothing really to get the heart racing!

Miliwolf
    Participant

They going to build a enitely new wharf.

yellowfin
    Participant

Miliwolf

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Miliwolf

Miliwolf
    Participant

Second or third time I tried the pot. I basically tried it along the entire length of the pier until it got stuck.

Just gotten back from a hour or two at the cloudy bay pine trees, caught a small shark.

yellowfin
    Participant

slightly off the topic ialil but oh well just to let you guys know if you dont already the warehouse is having a 25% off sale on all fishing gear

yellowfin
    Participant

Hay im new to this forum. Im a member of the Pania Surfcasting club up here in Napier and will be moving down to Christchurch nxt year to go to licoln.
    Up here all our fishing seem to be atleast 3 weeks behind on normal at the moment and we only got small smoth hounds around at the moment.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea i think we have just started to catch them now along with maybe a few small school sharks and maybe some kahawai

Miliwolf
    Participant

The kahawai turned up basically on time up here, well a few was around all winter.

yellowfin
    Participant

It really just starting to pick up now, the water temperatures have been quite low for this time of the year.

yellowfin
    Participant

Anyone tried swimming big baits out past the surf??

I seen it on gone fishin I think it was.. targetting Bronze Whalers.
    Whats out there in the canterbury waters??
    Would it be worth swimming a big bait out somewhere?? Obviously not birdlings :lol: .. can you swim at nape nape??

Viewing 15 posts - 1,186 through 1,200 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.