Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    HookLineSinker
    Participant

Was using a frozen paddle crab on a single hooked running rig and ur familiar with the beach near seddon;)

Sevengillz
    Participant

Cool just thought id ask incase it was spot x ;)

HookLineSinker
    Participant

To be honest though i do target rig now and then and this is only the second one i have had off that beach in the past several years. And prawns do work the rig i got a couple of months ago was taken on a prawn down at the wairau bar and this was the first time i had used prawns.

yellowfin
    Participant

I got my first rig last night at the pier,

yellowfin
    Participant

there are elies at st andrews south of timaru tonight small but there

yellowfin
    Participant

I am heading down to Timaru to fish the wharf again tomorow. I don’t think

yellowfin
    Participant

not that im aware of mostly the shore in my experience

yellowfin
    Participant

Just got back from a days fishing in Timaru. There are loads of mullet in the water, but they didn’t seem to be biting much. I only ended up getting about 7 overall. I got another Carpet shark a wee bit bigger than the one I got last time and in better condition. Also got a few Big red cod. I would reccomend Timaru at the moment since there seems to be a lot of Carpet sharks around and also a lot of mullet and big red cod.

I didn’t have my camera with me, so I had to use my phone for the photos, and when I got the carpet shark it had run out of power. I heard some of the workers there talking about a guy who caught a huge shark there a week or so back and got pulled off the wharf, and they think its still hanging around the port somewhere.

yellowfin
    Participant

been at the shore tonight n got a 6 kg elephant nice fish n a couple of smaller ones n 2 small grey boys was trying to put up pics but cant get it to resize

yellowfin
    Participant
    Try uploading the pics to http://imageshack.us and it lets you post smaller images on here that can be clicked to show the full size ones
    yellowfin
    Participant

sweet ill try that

Sevengillz
    Participant

Went to Parikawa yesty morn.Beaut day but fishing was quiet.Ended up with a couple of schoolies around 60cm and a good size skate that gave a good run…..thought it might of been the first 7gill or big grey for the season but no..:X

Gave that half a day then packed up and headed for the Kenepuru to see if there was anything happening on the snapper front.Parked up there until 2am this morning.Although there was no snapper runs there was still quite alot of activity with baitfish,some of

gunnercoops
    Participant

three of us had a fun evening catching mullet and small Kawahai at the Ashley mouth yesterday. Small bits of prawn and small cubes of those plastic/soft bait crabs did the trick. Saw flounder caught by whitebaiters.

Mal
    Participant

Went to waianak last night, very slow for a start but as it got dark things improved with 2 good grey boys & a rig all caught on squid. Finally kicked the new season into life.:)

yellowfin
    Participant

got 4 more ellies last night a good run on them this week end 7 for the week

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.