Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Well I might go down to Timaru again at the end of the month and then see if there are any good reports from the Pier sometime early December. Hopefully the fishing will pick up in December.

yellowfin
    Participant

On the subject of that trawler near the shore at Birdlings Flat, I’m thinking I might ring the Ministry of Fisheries and see if they’re allowed to do that. If they aren’t, then I know of two people who live there who could get the details of the boat the next time it’s there. If it is allowed, then I’m going to talk to Jim Anderton’s office about protecting

yellowfin
    Participant

i though they werent allowed with in a certian distance of the shore

yellowfin
    Participant

went for a fish at amberley today fishing was slow until about 3/4 tide and started getting alot of bites would hav got around 30 mullet between me and my old man

St_Paul
    Participant

went to baileys on saturday not much about a few small doggies and schoolies and a 3kg kahawai (now smoked and eaten!!)

at present I think the minimum distance from shore for trawlers is only about 300 metres. There is action taking place at the moment to get this changed to 4kms to help protect the maui and hectors dolphins.

yellowfin
    Participant

That’s not too bad, how far out was the kahawai?

All I got

St_Paul
    Participant

Cast about 110 metres with a whole anchovie(salted) on a pulley rig. It was chock full

Mal
    Participant

Just heard the elephants are going quite well in South Canterbury, big cows & grey boys as well. Might head up to Makihi on Sunday & try my luck.

yellowfin
    Participant

what have they been catching them on?

Mal
    Participant

Plain old squid

yellowfin
    Participant

just got backfromn fishing the bmx with 2 other members aaron and steve

Sevengillz
    Participant

Anyone here had any luck with 7gills or bigger greyboys lately? I went out yesty,pretty shite day.Big swell giving my line hell and

Mal
    Participant

Went up to Hook beach

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Managed to get out for a fish yestrday evening and caught 2 skinny red cod and a nice rig thats for tea tonight. I was also a

Sevengillz
    Participant

Yo,what bait were you using when you got that rig HLS? wherebouts?.. if you dont mind me asking :P

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.