Latest Catches Spring/Summer 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    Birdlingsflat
    Participant

yup know zactly now cheers

fishforpot
    Participant

muppetman !!!!!!!! check this link ……spitting image of your mystery fish , camouflage explains the colour changes

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/48314/

Not sure about tomorrow now Birdlings …Im not a fan of fishing a sunny day , even tho it will be nice and calm ….thinking about the evening , wont know till 3ish tho as the forcast is a little iffy ….getting a feeling the southerly is coming early ….and a LOT of west in the earlier wind ….

smokin’ joe
    Participant

Mulletman, according to my son’s xmas present, it appears to be a dwarf scorpionfish. the boy caught one at ‘Spot-X’ at kaikoura yesterday.

Birdlings,those salmon spinners didn’t get the Kawhai results we were hoping for, but are plenty useful against blue cod with a strip of bait one them.

it seems that everyone managed to spend time in the same locations as me over the week, including Gore bay and Motanau today.kaikoura wasn’t overly productive, but a few feeds were had.

magooes
    Participant

Just got back from bayleys. fished 7 pm – 11.30. 1 dog fish and a large carpet shark to show for my efforts. The misses caught them both too. :(

yellowfin
    Participant

I saw a few carpet sharks tonight at birdlings, i got one

fishforpot
    Participant

Check this link guys ……you will find data for both Dorie and Taumutu on it …..

Have been watching the times the fish come on the bite and its uncanny how accurate it is

http://www.fishingreminder.com/

yellowfin
    Participant

fished last night from 8 till 12
    gota nice rig
    1 crab and a doggy
    sea was nice and clean
    and a good evening to be out there

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

well im off down the beach in an hour or so..sea looks real good cheers

fishforpot
    Participant

I’ll be out there about 5pm ……

yellowfin
    Participant

Pictures from kaikoura on Saturday.

Hope to go back up there Wednesday or Thursday and stay till Sunday for the comp so I can make up for the hardly any fishing I’ve done this season, just don’t know about the weather, looks like southerlies and rain friday/saturday but clearing by saturday afternoon.

Who’s going to be at the comp on Sunday?

Participant

Just got in from fishing pines beach bloody warm aye anyway fished down by the sewer outlet not to far from mouth for cup hours fish on the bite big time, big eles and rig caught my last fish just over half hour ago

yellowfin
    Participant

was at the mac, since 8-1.30 but it was to hot to stay longer few mullet round and the odd kawahai in the surf, mite go down pines tonigh for a surf cast, what bait were you using justfishing? Cheers

Miliwolf
    Participant

Going to skip the comp this year, planning to spend the weekend at the tarns instead and catch up on a bit of fly fishing. If it was a overnight comp, which spans the entire coast I would be more interested in entering.

Participant

Hey huntz n fishes i used fresh crab guy next to me who caught 3 very big eles had squid bait so either bait would be ago aye

yellowfin
    Participant

Here’s a picture of the thresher the fiery ginga / greg got at kaikoura the other week

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.