Latest Catches Spring/Summer 2010

Viewing 11 posts - 1,021 through 1,031 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    troutfishernz
    Participant

The seas been to dirty or rough around South Canterbury lately to do any surfcasting. Although I did get out a couple of days ago and all I cought was small dogfish. :mad:

Miliwolf
    Participant

I tried to reach a rock ledge tonight but got beaten back by the surf. Probably to rough for Moki fishing anyway, should of taken my Surfcasters. Was a nice evening.

HIPP
    Participant

Thanks for your comments and feed back re Jacksons bay, i agree, that summer would definatley be worth a crack and evning all the better too.

there was aroumour about Kingfish off the headlands but who knows.

Look forward to your posts, cheers, Hipp

Miliwolf
    Participant

Went out to one of my Snapper points, got there just before dusk… Warm pleasant evening with no wind, also no action. Only caught a single KY. Tide rose quickly, and I found myself facing a difficult walk out at around 7:30pm. Checked the Internet and realized high tide was still two hours away :shock: . So I was faced with either leaving at 7:30, or to fish until mid-night before getting out. Decided to leave right away, just did the most tricky section then it started to rain, a few seconds later it was pouring down. Was soaked by the time I got back to the car :(

St_Paul
    Participant

Crikey Mili!, Lucky you weren’t swimming! Hey give me a bell, have been given a heap of baby salmon bait by a mate if you want some. Apparently the kahawai are about at the bar and diversion over the high tide at the moment.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Should of taken the path up the side of the hill, would have been drier. Had waders on and at one stage it was about 10cm away from overflowing. Have seen a few piles of KY at the bar, and have heard of a big school around the Clarence. Might go and have a look, purchased a new flyline, but suspect they would be at spinning distance.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Went for a fish down at Timaru yesterday afternoon weather conditions wernt great I got soaked but the sea conditions were the best ive seen for a while(nice and blue :smile: ). Had some good bites one bent my rod right over but didnt hook up. Also saw what I belive to be a barracauta jump out of the water.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Fishing is not going to get any better until spring… So I decided to make the mos of the nice warm day and go for a fish :dude:

I climbed over to Monkey Bay, I initially wanted to climb over to the ledge on the far side… but the low path was a bit dangerous looking due to the swell breaking. So decided to climb the cliff instead, this is easy when doing it empty handed… it is significantly less easy when carrying two rods and a loaded pack. Got to the top and the climb down did not look fun, so decided there is nothing in my pack which could break so I threw it off the cliff “Smash” (4 things broke including the pack).. Carefully climbed down into the next little bay. I was less confident now and reluctant to climb over the next lot of rocks to the ledge (Easy climb when one is not carrying rods). I chickened out, the return climb in the dark was not worth the risk. So I took the low path back to monkey bay rock ledge.

Fished Monkey Bay ledge for a couple of hours targeting Moki but had no luck. Got a messy pack to clean .

HIPP
    Participant

Lol, top effort though

yellowfin
    Participant

Had a fish in the rocks at birdlings last night, nothing but doggies

fishforpot
    Participant

Lazed on the beach for a few hours yesterday afternoon , such a lovely day ……..it goes without saying as to what was caught …

A few weekends ago we went over the Eastern tip of Banks Peninsula …..bite time produced a feed for the 3 of us ….blue cod …later in the day , just on and after the top of the tide , they came back on the bite …. the boys were keen to leave before that , but suddenly wanted to stay and rape the ocean lol …I’d packed up , was quite happy with my 3 lb bluey as Im the only in the family that eats it …and kept 2 smaller ones for the farmer …
    The boys tooks half a dozen or so each , along with a few maori chiefs and a good size sea perch …. bonus was tho , the farmer gave us all a feed of homemade sausages to take home …beef basil and tomatoe …. sea_hunter and dazza didnt deserve them , geedy buggers lol

Viewing 11 posts - 1,021 through 1,031 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.