Latest Catches Spring/Summer 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    Birdlingsflat
    Participant

Very cool catch..it must be a good sign for this season(hopefully)more of them around!

fishforpot
    Participant

The guy I was taking out stuck petrol in his deisel bus ……wanted to get it drained out etc so couldnt go fishing ……I told him it wont hurt shit sittin in his yard , and its raining tomorrow …..nah I wanna get it done ……what a plonker ….
    Mind you , it was too damn hot to do bugger all ….

Think I might just go try my luck live baiting on the bottom over at Taylors tomorrow morning , in the rain even

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

..Hey fish4pot I said gidday to Ross for ya..and he said drop around and say hi!..hes a coupla doors from me..hopefull re-tipped my rods by now..few moki happening in the evening near the cliff end..barracoutas around..nothing much around bayleys in the middle of the day..Elmo will atest to that..maybe he did better this evening..we await reports of huge fish…….

fisherman24
    Participant

went to Bayleys today fished 12 till 8.30 got 2 small school shark and 1 dogfish.a guy next to me got a seven gill shark about 3 and a half feet long.i saw u birdlings flat when u went past and i gave u a wave when i was setting up.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

well anything is better than nothing..yup there were a few wavers today..try beckoning me over to say gidday????..musta been just after I left Elmos caravan and was heading back up to Birdlings..probably muttering under my breath about the cup of tea I was not offered..mind you that might be my fault..Im not from Papanui..(joke) :grin: You might have to put your mugshot up on the mugshot thread fisherman24(christ shudder,jeeeesh)perish the thought!! :eek:anyway fisherman24..at least your tops in my book you can spell Bayleys right!cheers mate

elmo22
    Participant

hell sorry about the cupa birdling flat but my family dont get asked either when they vist I dont drink tea or coffee so dont think of asking… fished bayleys from 9.30am—2.30am had a rest back at the caravan then back fishing from 6.30…8.30 we got 3 crabs and the wife got a hook up but line broke by the hook.. fished this morning 7.00am…11.00am I got a nice rig 1mts and a ky both landed the wife got a ky but line broke after a few minutes of it been hook..think the line had damage on it after our west coast trip…was very quite after that i mean the wife was she doesnt like losing fish and im to blame lol that would of been you fisherman24 that left the same time as us we were in the red hilux with the caravan in the car park

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

I suspected as much you look far too healthy for a tea drinker..good on ya..pity about the breakoffs but not going empty handed home is good!Better than some in the last few days..me included..Good to meet you two..

elmo22
    Participant

like wise

fishforpot
    Participant

Dead at Taylors ……plenty of mullet…..but thats what you generally get fishing middle of the day …..a shame the boy wouldnt drag himself outta bed at 4am like I wanted …10.30am start was pushing it me thinks

yellowfin
    Participant

Great work catching that thresher shark Greg. I’ve caught quite a few sevengillers over the years but never a thresher shark. That’s two just recently. Going to Kaikoura on the weekend for a bit of surfcasting and to check out the surfcasting contest.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

well theres fishermen lined up along Birdlings flat tonite from asshole to breakfast no great catches that I can see..breezy all down the spit..Gawd help any unsuspecting fish!-that happen along..

Anonymous
    Inactive

Came back from our holiday in Picton today, went on a hunt for snapper and it turned out successful. Went down to the beach next to Karaka point as the point was crowded, arrived around 6pm last night. Left around 11pm after I lost one on the retrieve (was checking bait, suspect he hadn’t eaten it yet) and then got snagged and lost my trace.

Caught the first just on change of light, the other 2 after dark and all were landed around half an hour apart. All caught on a single 5/0 black magic KL recurve with the tail half of a pillie for bait, straylined without sinker. My 1st ever snapper!! :grin:

The first and biggest

The second

Didn’t bother taking a pic of the third was a little smaller than the second. There were also sh*tloads of piper right in close by the shore

Think these are Piper???

Heres a photo of the trio on the cutting board

The cutting board is 450mm wide to give an idea of size, my digital scales don’t work after they went for a swim the night before!

mulletman
    Participant

Yea, there piper, great bait, and good fish, well done :grin:

fisherman24
    Participant

yes that was me elmo22,am glade u got a few fish in the end, it was hard going that afternoon aye.and i will try to find a good mugshot of me to but up birdlingsflat

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

Nice snaps muddy..good on ya.Those piper are the best bait in the world for snapper..better than pillies…looking forward to the mugshot fisherman24 …

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.