Latest Catches 2

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 861 total)
  • Author
    St_Paul
    Participant

lemon shark??? you mean rig, right?

Miliwolf
    Participant

Yes, Lemon Shark are Rig ,two names for the same specie.

I just prefer the term Lemon because the word Rig is used to describe to many fishing related things and multiple uses can be used in the same thread. But I do jump between the two names all the time.

yellowfin
    Participant

I thought it was Lemon Fish, not Lemon Shark.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Maybe, they are a shark not a fish.

I feel the prefix lemon is the important part.

rdeejay
    Participant

The marketing name is Lemonfish, i guess it just sounds better from a consumer point of view for those who are none the wiser.

Miliwolf
    Participant

I really should purchase a waterproof camera so I can photograph the more interesting fish I catch, just need to wait for the Fuji FinePix F200EXR ($600+) + waterproof case :cry: or for the Canon PowerShot D10 ($640+) to become cheaper…..

Few of the other Cameras interest me.

Most sensible people would just buy the Fuji J15 combo for $220 :cry:

yellowfin
    Participant

No need for a waterproof camera. Just use a normal digital camera like everyone else. Just keep it away from the water.

Miliwolf
    Participant

It would get wet sooner or later, I would either forget I had it out when the rain starts, or have it in a pocket when doing a deep water release of a Red cod, or place it down to return a shark only for a freak wave to cover it. If I left it in the car until a good fish is caught, I would waste precious time going to the car instead of releasing the fish ASAP. A D10 clipped to my surfcasting belt (which I still need to make) would be perfect.

Plus I plan to use it from my Kayak and while trout fishing which has even more chance of getting wet. Not uncommon for me to swim across ponds or something. Would also be good to take it spearfishing…

rdeejay
    Participant

Miliwolf

Miliwolf
    Participant

I damaged my $300 cell phone on a trout fishing trip, we were paddling back up river in a canone and my friend asked what the time was. So I took the phone out of my jacket pocket (where it was 99% waterproof) and was just looking at the time when he caused the boat to wobble, I instinctly moved my arm down to stabilise the boat and in doing so plung my phone into the water. The phone did still work, but it could not send sound so could only use it for text or to listen to others speaking to me.

yellowfin
    Participant

hey all no posts from me for ages really as living in town now and not having the internet. went out for a fish the last couple of nites at various locations (lyttelton akaroa) managed to get loads of doggies mostly small ones but some decent sized ones also got qwuite alot of cod (red) and a couple of skate although the conditoon of the lyttelton cod was discusting so yea

St_Paul
    Participant

ziplock plastic bags are great for protecting cameras from the elements another option is those Phone condom things they sell at hunting and fishing

yellowfin
    Participant

I just keep mine in my fishing bag, so I can take it out when needed and then put it back after. Recently though, I’ve just been using the camera on my phone as I always have it in my pocket.

Yakkaman
    Participant

I went to the pier wanted to catch something for my nieces engagement party tonight watched a guy catching heaps of mullet and a kid pull in a 5lb kawahai.
    Heaps of small bait fish everywhere, I was about to head off when my rod went bilistic only had small mullet hooks on after a fantastic battle I lifted 15m into the air a 4lb Kahawai and to top it off the kid gave me half of his after I filleted it for him.

Jack will think I stole it from the kid :lol:

yellowfin
    Participant

I fished at the Pier today till about 10 PM. Caught a couple mullet and dogfish during the day. Also saw a couple good size Kahawai caught. After dark I got a big Kahawai and hooked what I think was a good size rig which put up a good fight and took some line, but it got off before I could pull it up. Could have even been a School shark, but I’m not sure there’s still any of them around? Had another hook up before I left which I think was another Kahawai, but it got off before I could see it. Definitely still heaps of Mullet and some good size Kahawai around.

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 861 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.