Forum Competition

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    mulletman
    Participant

im sure you will all be delighted to hear i cant make the comp.

fishforpot
    Participant

Thats a damn shame maggotman …….If I was going I could have picked you up ……..ya only just round the corner

yellowfin
    Participant

I’m working 15/16th so I am out :( , althou might come down for a evening fish :)

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

yup we should just make the date more casual so some can come and go when they please..say the comp begins Friday at lunchtime and goes till 9pm on the sat..that way people with horrible prior commitments(like work) can pop in and have a go

I suggest these 5 divisions

heaviest non scale fish

heaviest scale fish

attendance prize

hard luck story

Womens wet t shirt prize

oops thought I was doing a biker do..forget the last one lets keep it at 4 divisions..of course thes are all open from any age any gender..you just have to be a FORUM poster..cheers

gunnercoops
    Participant

sounds like a plan to me :) I have been informed I should be helping pack for our holiday, but how long does it take to pack a pair of shorts t shirts and rods?? So is the plan to fish at Birdlings beach proper of just anywhere on the spit?
    I look forward to showing you how to catch bugger all, as I do it with amazing regularity.

HIPP
    Participant

Sadly I wont be able to make it either, but sounds like you have a good time ahead,

Im off to the coast fishing and to catch up with a cobber there before he goes back to work.

Well done birdlings for your effort in makeing it happen, hope you all have agreat time.

ill have to meet you all another time., cheers, hipp

mulletman
    Participant

hey, maggotman is taking it a bit to far.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

Surfcasting only From Birdlings to Taumutu…

Dont worry Jake Im sure hes just baiting ya..think karma

Will give you a rain check Hipp..and hope to meet in the future.. yes Gunner..Im bloody good at that too..in fact I did that today!!

..and good to meet you and your boss- Allan (elmo)

fishforpot
    Participant

Weather permitting , Id be keen if Baileys includes as far down as the stump …..

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

Done…Now please can I have the forum competition peoples thoughts on..who should be included in the competition? friends?public?
    -wether or not we all throw ten bucks in the hat for some cash prizes?
    Should we cancel to next weekend if weather is really bad?

-only entrants can have a say..so please do..cheers

Miliwolf
    Participant

Should be quite casual, I reckon anyone who knows about the contest and goes there to fish should be allowed to enter. Friends/family should be allowed ect…. Its more a bit of fun and a reason to fish somewhere a bit different then a anything serious.

$10 cash entry fee sounds ok, but with everyone arriving at different times could be a bit of a hassle collecting it.

Yeah, should be postponed for crap weather.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

Fun should be the operative word Milli..Good input thanks
    as organiser some one will be here at the gallery all the time during the contest so collecting wont be a problem
    Please everybody call in before you start fishing..and call in before you leave even if you dont catch anything that way everybody is in the draw..I will supply a small simple form with your own number and a space to fill in what you caught
    a finger food and tea and coffee will be provided on sat evening till 10 pm..prize giving and bullshitting will start around 9pm..byo drinks..any tackle needs or breakages during the contest will be looked after by Ross Le Compte..he has a complete range of gear and services here at the beach..any fish can be brought in and weighed during the whole competition time…12 midday friday till 9 pm sat

elmo22
    Participant

yes good time fishing comp. $10 each good, im good with the rules sounds fair will be there me and wife looking 4ward to it

Hardy
    Participant

Gidday Birdlings

How about a bit of info on the famed Birdlings Flat. I have been there once a couple of years back, just for a looksee. Assumming I park the 5.5metre campavan up at your place I going to be more or less confined to fishing around the car park area. I guess there is the odd fish caught there. If I head of down the famed Bayleys Road, is there a place I get to which is relatively close to the shoreline to fish. And is overnight camping permitted. I am really only coming over to more or less or meet up with the various forum members, make you a nice cup of tea :grin: , and share in some drinkies and tall tales on Saturday night. But it would be nice to catch a fish or two. Long range weather forecast is sunny days, what is the wind and swell that kills things over there. I will probably head out even if the comp is postponed. Yep I am a virgin Birdlings Flat surfcaster, nothing like being a new chum amongst all you Birdy People :smile: .

Cheers Trev aka Hardy

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

Bayleys…is ok for ya caravan..you gotta walk or 4wd the last 100 metres..theres a lot of beach to fish from the carpark here..from the cliffs down..what you need to do is bunk up in my spare room and bring a quad bike on a trailer!..they are the main transport here..have you google earthed the place Hardy?.That may help you find your bearings?.Im fairly close to the carpark..Heres my neighbour this morning..(Patrick)originally from Ross..with a kahawai spinning from the beach..Your right about the social thing I see it as a good reason to meet people who I talk to..and its so obviously NOT a serious comp!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.