Forum Competition

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    elmo22
    Participant

i see hardy is going to bring you a cup of tea :grin: he will have to teach me how to make one lol i will have a cold brown one looks very much like tea tastes good then bloody yuk the next day when you wake up

Hardy
    Participant

Thanks for that Birdlings. No Quad and the day I did came out there I was in my Isuzu Mu and even veturning a bit off the carpark gravel area scared.
    Me. Guess I am just to used to big long flat sandy beaches. Will sort it out when I get there, Nice beard and Ky your mate has there. I think HQ will do me, can wander back and forward as I wish. Fish, lounge, then fish. And yep checked out Google Earth and over the year or two I have been here have read every Birdlings Post I could find. Must say I do like the steep drop off compared to our more flat beaches. Just a pity ya didn’t get the odd snapper there. But to be honest Rig and Eles are far better tasting in my view. Mostly Greyboys over here, rig If you target them. And like you fella’s in the winter the plague sets in, Spikeys and the Red things. But alway the odd goood Ky around. Have to go down the Coast a bit for the Eles tho.

Cheers Trev

fishforpot
    Participant

Hardy , you cant call them KY …Birdlings keeps having flashbacks of drunken episodes during his youth …..think “lubrication”

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

Ive decided you blokes can use that term all you like..if you like it use it. :grin: .me I prefer the word Kahawai….Ive just invited a coupla local lads into this huge tournament..(that way theres more beach transportation)Hardy-We could let your tyres down to 15psi and teach you to drive in the pea gravel?We sometimes get 3 a day stuck down the gravel in the summer..schools of baitfish out there today..seems most spinning picked up a couple or 3 fresh Kahawai..Shit Elmo I was just starting to think you was a mormon..thank the devil your normal :grin: Brown with wee bubbles is nice..nearly as nice as a single malt..now thats lubrication….

Miliwolf
    Participant

I really must get myself organized and purchase crimps for the contest so I can target sharks. Looked at them on TT and DFS a few times, but to lazy to look for my credit card.

Took tonight off fishing so I can get jobs down, It is now 9:30pm and have done none of the jobs I planned on doing. Was suppose to pack for a overnight trip tomorrow night. So far have gone into my room, looked at my tent, my bedroll and pack. Thought, everything looked good…. Done no packing. Suspect its going to be a mad rush tomorrow after work to get everything together. Might get my pack packed before bed tonight… maybe not.

Edit: I just remember, I have done one thing tonight. I washed, dried and oiled my emblem pro reel :grin:
    Edit 2: Just ordered crimps, plus swivels, line, and a few other bits and bops. Also grabbed a new rod stand to bring total purchase over $80 to get free shipping. Spend a extra $65 to save $5 8) They are cool rod stands, wanted one for ages. Left one of mine at Blue Gum a few weeks back :?
    edit: 3 Packed pack around 11:40pm, before going to bed checked forecast. Decided Saturday-Sunday looking better :cry: . Atleast my pack is ready for the weekend. Had to tear my room apart to find the stuff sacs for my bed roll and sleeping bag.

rayhunter
    Participant

hey Ian john here we only got one big red cod and a few dogs but may go back tomorrow whats it like out there at the mo

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

good..winds dropped..stillish night..could be good tomorrow early morning….watch the weather though..cheers mate

oldgreyboy
    Participant

hi birdlingsflat, my name is neville ,on the forums im old grey boy , i have never been to birdlingsflat but have seen it from the sea on a trawler and then was the truck driver for deep cove fisheries in timaru for seven years i had to drive to akaroa dozens of time to pick up fish 30 years ago, im in timaru looking at my shell road map i only have to get to about tai tapu turn right there usedtb a shop there and carry on to paranui and turn right to birdling flat is that correct, im a keen duckshooter i used to nearly crash the truck looking at the duck and geese on ellesmere and forsyth.

Hardy
    Participant

Had a wee inspirational moment this afternoon. So made this little beast. Made especially For Birdlings Flat, hence the name. This is a sliding flasher rig. Does not incorporate a hook. The idea is you slide it out of the way, bait your hook and then bait cotton if ya want. Pretty bloody hard to bait cotton a normal flasher rig. So I came up with this idea. It simply slides back down and is held in place by a sliding stopper know. Now will it work, will it entice those Birdlings Elles and Rig to take a wee bite.
    I just quickly put a bit of squid on, which is kinda meant to be the body of the Prawn. Yep can use real prawns, I agree, but fishing is all about fun and coming up with idea’s.

Cheers Trev aka Hardy

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

Giiiday Neville yup thats right..just head towards little river and turn right when ya see the big green transit sign saying BIRDLINGS FLAT..on your left..we are 1km from the main rd..heressome photos of the art studio by the road..yes thats a perfectly good boat up on my roof…Hey Hardy looks good..we never know until we try..

amazing what you can do to a versatile garage! 151 Poranui beach rd

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

any more submissions fot the Birdlings Comp? any more q’s before I finalise things? :grin:

fishforpot
    Participant

I think the wet t-shirt contest is a must …..

Hardy
    Participant

Seems to me Birdlings you have everything sorted. Hope there are plenty of chooks around the place. What if we all turn up with massive threshers and Seven Gillers to weigh in :smile: . And as a bonus you can get some mugshots, and put us all in the Birdlings Flat Bad Boys Gallery. Lets hope the sea and weather play their part.

You have done well mate getting this Forum Comp up and running.

Cheers Trev aka Hardy

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

Hey Trev-All participants will retain responsibility for their own fish..digital evidence for catch and release fish..everybody can weigh their own and record it on the entry form..no weigh in with wasted fish hanging around..or we take a piccie ,record details and you can take it away..its paramount we trust each other in the field..this is no serious old fashioned comp..this is the new style laid back low heart rate freedom fishing fare…and social gathering of course..and serious arguments can go down the road/..biggest prize is on a ticket draw..just sortin prize envolopes now…..

..me friend(Guslene) down the road hopes to win this one….
    Cheers Ian

fishforpot
    Participant

What a bloody tease , that prize might be any of 18 members on this site ……the chick sounds delightful tho …. :razz: ….shakes head from side to side and up and down :razz:

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.