Forum Competition

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Miliwolf
    Participant

Anyone keen for a forum competition/trip, maybe in a few months time in Canterbury when the Elephant fish are running?

Would be happy to take suggestions for other locations, but feel Canterbury is convenient for most members and the Kaikoura trips have failed to produce interesting catches. Suppose a alternative could be a overnight Moki trip at the Claverley Reef.

oldgreyboy
    Participant

good idea could i suggest wakanui one hre trip for chch members one hr trip for me from timaru , im not being selfish just a long way to go for me ans maybe zac could tell us when its happening so to speak.

fishforpot
    Participant

Sounds interesting …never fished that beach …..I’d be keen , lets wait till the school sharks are here in numbers as well aye ….late December ish ?

yellowfin
    Participant

just about everytime we have tried this it seems to have failed with only a small number turning up. Besides we all know mulletman would win with his sunfish or broadbill

Mal
    Participant

Make it mid or south canterbury, I’ll supply the trophy, make it an annual event

yellowfin
    Participant

would be be a long way for mili and the boys up in the sounds

fishforpot
    Participant

Milli is a claytons north islander , catching snapper ….screw him …lmao

Miliwolf
    Participant

Wakanui is fine for me, if the elephant fish are about. We never had a great turn out from Marlborough before so doubt it would make much of a difference having it further south.

We are only a small forum, and from memory we had 6 or so most trips which is not bad considering the number of active members we have here.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea i guess you have a point there even somewhere like taumutu or along the spit of lake elesmere baileys etc

elmo22
    Participant

i would be keen,take my camper and stay the night. i do that during the fishing season…i go firday after work fish firday evening and saturday morning when tides etc are good..then come home

Miliwolf
    Participant

How does the 6th of November sound? It is a Saturday. Is it to early for the typical elephant fish season?

I favor that date because I can head inland for the opening day of lake fishing on the Sunday.

oldgreyboy
    Participant

i think that would be a tad early milli, i didnt realise you where so far away , its a long trip for you and if it was a southerly and you had travelled that far id feel terrible

fishforpot
    Participant

The rig will be here , ele’d should be here too , school sharks will only be small tho …

Maybe a little early , but hey , if its fishable , why the hell not

yellowfin
    Participant

November to early for eles at the southern beaches but rig will be around. Like fishforpot said its mostly small schoolies around from now till probably late december and into next year when the big ones show up. Somewhere like Dorie or Wakanui would be ideal. Best fishing at these beaches is probably December – February. I think most members who would turn up are from cantubury so best centered locally, then again if it was to take place in October/November best fishing would be further north to kaikoura.

Possibly could have something in October/November at kaikoura then another meetup later on in January or February.

HIPP
    Participant

Did anything get decided yet? i maybe keen to come along aye.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.