Forum Competition

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Miliwolf
    Participant

The Conway trip was right at the start of the summer fishing season which might have explained the poor turnout. Still was a brilliant day, early enough in the year to escape the dreaded sea breeze. The local farmers eventually outnumbered us on the beach.

The previous Kakikoura trip, was a bit more successful although still early in the year. Booger caught a Salmon which was the highpoint of the trip. . I think Myself, Booger, Ginga (+ his dad), Shark_Tale and Jones Jr fished that trip (might of gotten names wrong). Which was about half the active forum members at that time. Although active numbers have not increased greatly in the previous two years.

oldgreyboy
    Participant

im on for a sat arvo evening fish

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

at this point in time I would like to suggest a forum comp using my gallery as a base..here at Birdlings…I can provide floor space toilet and shower facilities..coupla bunk beds..for long distant visitors..we could make it a 24hr thingy and fish a few miles of beach..when we are not fishing we can sit around and drink..lol.At least Im right by the car park!!and have an outside fish cleaning area…and no matter what the weather we have a base..just a thought? :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

I’d be in work permitting, happy to go anywhere in Canterbury :)

HIPP
    Participant

A very generous offer birdlings, as before id be there…. work depending, but my work is unpridictable, I just have go with the flow.

There seems to be a reasonable group of regulars in the birdlings,baylies area,maybe you guys that are interested from that area just set a date and we run with it from there, if its set out a month a head say, then most will make it there.

cheers, hipp

elmo22
    Participant

yes i will be in for a fish and a drink hope sea will be good thanks birdlings flat…

yellowfin
    Participant

keen

fisherman24
    Participant

i would be keen if am not working.it would be good to meet a few of u on here

yellowfin
    Participant

I’ll probably turn up if I’m not busy and the conditions are decent. If we’re going to do Birdlings Flat I reckon we should do it before the elephantfish disappear.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

yup good idea..anyone wanna organise this event..I have provided the venue..and will work in with whoever.. :grin:

Miliwolf
    Participant

ok…

Next weekend is ummm New Years so a 4 day weekend is wasted surfcasting.

Weekend of the 15/16th is probably Kaikoura Surf contest (maybe Amberly also?). While I am not planning on fishing them, many here probably would. If its going ahead, the Nape Nape contest is normally the weekend after (22/23).

So that only leaves the weekends of 8/9th or 29th/30th for January.

fishforpot
    Participant

Did I read on the homepage that Kaik’s was the 9th and the other 2 comps canceled ?

Yes , I did indeed ………so no comps this year for me ….dont fish rigged comps

HookLineSinker
    Participant

fishforpot

yellowfin
    Participant

Kaikoura comp is on the 9th. Nape Nape/Amberly arn’t on this year.

Weekend of 15th/16th could be good if anyone wants to confirm a date.

Miliwolf
    Participant

15/16 sounds good for me. Would only head down if the forecast is decent.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.