Forum Competition

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Think it got forgotten about. I’m still keen if there’s enough interest. Rig and Eles are around in good numbers seems to be a lot of eles around at the moment. The bigger sized school sharks should start showing up over the next month as well.

If there is gonna be something it should be planned around the swell conditions and weather so it would be worth it.

Miliwolf
    Participant

I would probably drive down for it based on the forecast.

Mal
    Participant

I’m still keen, might team up with Beameer (if he lets me)

fishforpot
    Participant

Id drive down to wakanui , never fished there …….

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

me too :grin:..how close to the beach does the road go?

fishforpot
    Participant

Looking on google earth , it looks closer than the carpark at birdlings …

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

yup just had a look too.looks great access..wont have to bring the quad…might be interesting to come the chertsey way via pendarves to wakanui…easy peasy

fishforpot
    Participant

along the beach ??? , surely you mean dorie , if thats the case …..

I aint been to pendarves for 2-3yrs but I cant recall where youd get a bike down to the beach

yellowfin
    Participant

Parking is pretty close you only gotta walk 20 meters or so. Anyone got a date in mind? Would have to fit in with good conditions so it’s worth the drive for people. Would a Saturday be good?

HIPP
    Participant

Great to see you guys getting keen,

I will keep an eye on what you decide and be there if I can,

If its an evening then pretty much anyday will work, but mornings are a diferant story.

Wakanui is a great spot and easy and close to find from Ashburton with easy acess to the beach,

Quite often you dont even need to carry your kit down the beach you can work from the back of your car.

Cheers, Hipp

Miliwolf
    Participant

I would probably drive down Friday, fish that evening. Get up and fished the dawn, then fall asleep halfway through the comp like I did a Conway. So Saturday suits me.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

yup i meant driving from birdlings and going on de backroads to avoid ashvegas..yup Sat suits me..mind you being retired an all..anyday would be good..be great to learn all the tricks from you young fullas :wink:

yellowfin
    Participant

cant make it, in Darwin atm.
    Hopefully can post a few photos up if i get the chance to get away fishing here.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Any body else interested in making it a evening or morning fish, because fishing during the day is often boring, hot and windy.

I finish work at 3:15pm on Fridays, so with luck could be on the road by 3:30pm. With good driving conditions could be at the Canterbury beaches around 7:00-8:00 (depending on beach). So would be around 8pm for Wakanui.

yellowfin
    Participant

I finish work 4am Saturday morning so could be in for a early morning fish although don’t think I’d stay awake till Saturday night. Saturday afternoon to early night could be good? Depends what other people are doing and if there’s even enough people to do an actual competition. Last time we had one at Conway Flat it was only me, Miliwolf, Piermaster and two other guys that aren’t forum members but was still a good day. $5 per rod, person with biggest fish gets all the money at the end of the day.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.