Latest Catches Spring/Summer 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    fishforpot
    Participant

Fished bayleys , just got home ….water was dirty and running about 4 feet
    Only had 4 casts , caught 3 rig and got bitten off by Jaws ….. then sat back and watched

My old man , who wasnt gunna come cause he has a broken finger and broken ribs , not to mention a bad back , caught a few rig ……
    Then he hooked Jaws ….nearly rooted himself lol …….then it bit him off …..30 mins later he hooked a nice rig , in the dorsel fin lol …..now he’s a mess hahaha

Too dirty for the ele’s I think …..bugga ….

oldgreyboy
    Participant

been to the beach about 4 times this weekend too rough to fish hate these nor easters

fishforpot
    Participant

Just heard from a mate who fished a club comp at bayleys this morning ….doggies and brat schoolies were the lot ….

Amazing the difference a few km’s down the beach can make ….

yellowfin
    Participant

Fished the pier today. Got a few kahawai and some herrings along with a chilli bin full of crabs I managed to scab off some of the asians who were just raking them in. Came back to the car to find a smashed window and glass and things everywhere inside it. Just some money, gps, and radar detector gone. Couldn’t believe someone managed to smash the window in the middle of the day with other people in the carpark. No insurance and gps/radar detector probably cost $700 to replace plus the cost of a new window. Knew I shoulda invested in a car alarm but was more worried about leaving it in the carpark at night..

yellowfin
    Participant

oh man that sucks man. how long was ya car there for?

yellowfin
    Participant

Think I left it at about 9am then came back about 1pm. Asked some other guys who had been out fishing if they noticed the smashed window when they got there about 11am but they hadn’t noticed so no idea what time it happened and how no one saw it.

fishforpot
    Participant

There’s some cheeky wankers around alright ……..but on the upside , the roads will be a little safer now …….without you speeding everywhere lol

yellowfin
    Participant

itl prob b the atown boys

Miliwolf
    Participant

Just had a long fishing weekend which failed to fire. Saturday morning headed over to NW nelson, not much happening with regards to the whitebait so drove to Turimawiwi river for a look. There was a gusty wind along the entire coast so I did not get my surfcasters out until evening,but the tide was high and I lacked casting distance. The beaches are very shallow over there, and plenty of rocks in close which line wraps around over high tide. During low tide the rocks are 60m from the water edge.

Back tracked to a spot in Westhaven where I had a bit of luck on previous trips. Fished most of the night and foul hooked a mullet. At 2am and 4am I went searching for flounders, but only saw two. Sunday morning the wind was gone so i drove back to Paturau River and walked north to a small reef and went for a swim. Visibility was decent but saw only undesirable reef species. Plenty of great looking structure along that coast. After my dive the sea breeze had started to pick up so decided to Kayak into Lake Otuhie. Was a fun trip getting through the flax covered stream, wind was up and gusty by the time I got to the lake.

About lunch I drove back to Takaka and fished the breakwater of the marina that evening for no fish. Sleeped in and got no fishing down this morning. Got scared looking over the edge of harwoods hole in a attempt to see the bottom. I am convinced that hole tries and pull people into it. .

mulletman
    Participant

my mums best mate had her window smashed and her bag stolen out side a school in brighton yesterday morning

Mal
    Participant

Had a fish at Waianak beach last night, 8 small grey boys, some prick had caught a good 7 giller, chopped its head off & left the rest on the beach

yellowfin
    Participant

ae what a waste. i would of put it back alive or given it to someone who wouldnt waste it. there seems to be f**k all of them around these days. was that waimak beach or wakanui?

yellowfin
    Participant

3rd time out this year first 2 no fish this evening goood run on the elephant fish 2 for me 2 for my mate couple small grey boys eatch good nights fishing south of timaru bout 730 /8 0 clock

yellowfin
    Participant

sam.peterson

yellowfin
    Participant

oh ae. never heard of it. wats it like there? is it like birdlings and shit?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.