Latest Catches Spring/Summer 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Where did you go Fiery?

oldgreyboy
    Participant

like i said last time hope you christchurch ppl are ok more shallow than the last one more damage take care

St_Paul
    Participant

Ditto! hope you guys are all safe down there.

yellowfin
    Participant

injured!! but alive hope the rest of the boys are fine

yellowfin
    Participant

Scarey time standing in waist deep water at Pines beach as earthquake hit.Could barely stand ,seabed heaving ,thoughts of drowning
    going through head.By the time I got to shore the tide had receded another 50m and more spookily was the big surf of 4-5ft dropping
    to 1-2 as I watched it.Jumped in suzuki and then another violent shaking.At the Mac point the beach looked all different and
    liquifaction all over the place.A few cars stuck fast in sand.Water everywhere in Kiaraki and stunned people everywhere.So sad
    for the people in town.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

Geez Socky..bit of drama for you..Hope everybody on the forum and their families are ok..early days yet..but looks as if we will all know somebody that copped it!Kind thoughts go out to all..its times like this that make us stronger

Had a bit of a rest from this site because of idiots sending abusive emails..little people with nothing better to do but annoy others(small dicks hiding behind keyboards)

Yup the beach is still there!..Have a spare room here if anybody needs to get away for a night or so!no probs..cheers ian

yellowfin
    Participant

Wellcome back Ian.Cheers Vic.

elmo22
    Participant

did they get the stuck cars out…….bloody frighting here in chch with the after shocks

yellowfin
    Participant

A big loader that was working down the road was already on beach going to their aid.The wiskey bottle got a nudge when I got home.

baitman
    Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lobi-wy3 … ture=feedu

were you in the little blue suzuki?

did u guys not think tsunami? and just bolt? must have been scary and feck

yellowfin
    Participant

Thanks ian, although i did suffer a slight injury and narowlly missed getting crushed im talking 2feet at the max away i can still cast so all is well. though car is in need of repair though according to my mechanic flattie it will be easy, Horrible to be working in city centre just horrible saw some sights i wouldnt wish upon anyone, walls that somehow sprouted a head blood spewing from people elderly unable to walk i tried my best to help but for some people sadly it just wasnt enough :(

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

Sounds like you did your best mate and thats all we can do..I measure people by their empathy for others and you certainly have more than your fair share..Kiwis are well known throughout for it..just thank gawd you dont havta learn to cast with the other one!!!!Hey Vic I think you deserved that Whiskey!!! ..theres a lot of others too..We wait with crossed fingers this big fight aint finished yet..night all.. :sad:

yellowfin
    Participant

baitman

elmo22
    Participant

gee the fiery ginga hope you get over want your saw must of been horrible to see what you did

yellowfin
    Participant

sure was elmo i think i will a couiple fishing trips will fix it

Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.