Latest Catches Spring/Summer 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Interesting spot to catch rig,Kevo.When I was a surfie a few decades ago,I surfed that spot a few times.Disturbingly, the place was lousy with
    paddle crabs that swam to the surface and feasted on the turds that floated about.Rig like crabs,crabs like turds,therefore your fish probably
    has turd remnant in its guts.A couple of weeks ago there was a raw sewerage spill nearby.Bon appetite,mon ami.

baitman
    Participant

LOL @ turd eating crabs and u surfing in it. haha

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sounds like someone’s jealous of kevo’s great recent catches…

rayhunter
    Participant

ive swim there most my life and never seen any turds but fish boo in the ocean so if that a prob dont eat fish ….

yellowfin
    Participant

Lol,hey I spend hours in the water there swimming and collecting tuatua will no ill effects..I’m hardly going to be bothered about a little bit of pollution at sumner or any where else for that matter..fish like Rig and eles come and go with the tides etc..it’s not even an issue with me to be honest!!

yellowfin
    Participant

im with you kevo i spent hour fishing there over the last year or so catching rig eles kahawai and a fair few cod am yet to get sick from turds also enter the water alot to swim there and gather crabs , On a different note just got home from a few hours fishing the kaiapoi river for mullet and welll what fun it was i think my line spent more time out of the water taking fish off than in! i were catching them 3 at a time location is secret and bait was pillie, but great fun kept maybe 20 for bait threw the rest back

yellowfin
    Participant

The bait I am using is salted tongue and see how good it is. :lol:

fishforpot
    Participant

Just got back from Baileys , spent a lazy day relaxing and more or less just watching dazza and booger fishing …..

1 skate which acted more like a huge log , was very curious …1 small schoolie and a truckload of dogfish were caught ….booger caught a red cod head ….

Pretty quiet alright , but to be expected with the time of day and all ……..a HUGE bird workup offshore tho

Booger offered me some gas money but I couldnt bring myself to take it after seeing him with unmatching shoes ….we were going to give him arseholes if he wore them “grabbed in a hurry as we arrived early , at least they made a pair ” so he never put them on , I bet his feet are sunburnt lol ……

He got payback tho , making us suffer the reek of his rotten squid all the way home …..and the best part , the juice leaked inside my car …….so I can revel in it for a week or so lol

yellowfin
    Participant

hahah nice work booger

yellowfin
    Participant

A family member also fished Baileys on saturday and said it was fairly quiet.One very large shark was hooked and played for
    some time before shredding the line.He did manage to catch one big rig ,and being his first,was a very happy fisherman.

yellowfin
    Participant

Haha. Squid is evil.. even if you put it in an ice cream container the juice often manages to get out somehow. If you give your car a good airing out it should help a lot.

yellowfin
    Participant

kevo85

Anonymous
    Inactive

heading to birdlings hope its good out there anyone know?

yellowfin
    Participant

wemt for a fish this evening not alot around with 1 rig and one ele both on crab. got a couple of skate too also on crab so all in all not very good night now after a long day at work and fishing i must hit the hay

Jones Jr.
    Participant

I’d be dam happy with one rig and one ellie Greg. lol

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.