Latest Catches Spring/Summer 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    Birdlingsflat
    Participant

sea looks A1 tonight out here nil wind clean water tiny waves..bloody gorgeous..might pop down and throw a bait..

Hardy
    Participant

Just saw your fine offer on TM Ian. You have a heart of gold, For a rough old tough bloke :grin: . Oh and glad to see you back. Never let the winkers win. And one day I hope to catch a bloody big Thresher and give it a good dose of angina at Birdlings Flat :D . For those that don’t know Ian has offered accomodation for ChCh folk affected by the quake. Normally I would say ” That Man deserves a Tui” but in your case Ian, a ” Single Malt ” is more appropriate. If you have four Single malts, does that make it a Four Malt. All I know is that straight, it comes out my nose. Your flashers are not forgotten, and will wing there way east in due course. Say Hi to Marlin from me, and tell him, next year I might let him beat me at Knuckles, now if he paints your fence, he may just beat me. Eh Grasshopper.

Cheers Trev

yellowfin
    Participant

if he paints the feince lol ill come and check its up to trade quality

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

its all up for inspection anytime!you blokes..only a kahawai tonight who jumped off at the last moment and good luckto him..Marlin had a whizz along the beach tonight on a new kawasaki 300 Im selling..sheesh if only we had that sorta thing at 7 years old..smoked some Bull Thar in my smoker with rosemary and veitnamese mint..and my own cajun mix..still doesnt beat Vics salami mans a god!Hey you fellas you dont paint fences in Birdlings..the paint walks in two months..something to do with the wind..good to hear from you Trev thought you might be tuied out on the coast..Doors open Ginga..bring ya rod.Elmo how did you fare in the rumble?And spread it around theres a place here for people who need to get away for a coupla nights free no strings relax in the bahamas of canty..lol..Night

HIPP
    Participant

Your a good man birdlings, good to see you back, well done to all those that helped people in CHCH, all just abit busy with that too, look forward to another fish soon, supposed to be off to derville Island this weekend, but not sure if it will happen now, it may have to wait for anotherday.
    I look forward to reporting acatch before the cold months set in.
    Take care out there. hipp

yellowfin
    Participant

haha thanks birdlings luckily my place is still all ok, will hoope to get my car back on the road this weekend/ durning next week so i can go fishing the following were planning on going to kaikoura but this happened will hope to still go if i get going again even just for the day

yellowfin
    Participant

Clear a place in your fridge Ian ,there could be another salami attack comming soon.Though I suspect it may not live long enough to get to your fridge.

yellowfin
    Participant

Good to see you back Ian, missed ya daily updates. The whole quake has been a bit sureal for us, as althou we felt it down here, it is hard to comprehend how much damage and chaos it has caused less that an hour away. Our thoughts go out there to all those involved directly and indirectly.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

Cheers Guys-likewise good to be back..yup its all surreal alright-Hey Vic I might try and smoke the next one..will put you on the smoked thar patty list when we finish them..
    onwards and upwards…looks like there a high pressure coming..pretty rough down there today

yellowfin
    Participant

I have tried smoking one and it was an absolute pig to light,but once going it was good man.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

geez I thought it would be an absolute deer to light..

oldgreyboy
    Participant

i saw your offer too ian good on you i sorta worked out when you were not posting you where annoyed at some stupid posts take care

yellowfin
    Participant

I flicked some bait out at Amberly today at high tide.Good to get back on the horse.And it was good to have a fish
    without something trying to kill me.Business is resumed.

Trumpy
    Participant

Caught 3 dog-fish, 2 red cod and a 6ft shark off Wakinui beach yesterday.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

thanks oldgreyboy..Twas not the silly posts..they were fine but was some idiot stalking who had come via this site..somebody who was not on here normally..anyway with that bullshit aside..are the fish on the otherside of the penninsula..from lyttleton to waikuku gonna be alright to eat considering the sewage thats pouring into the rivers etc..?

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.