Latest Catches Spring/Summer 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    mulletman
    Participant

i am sorry, i was told that it was a sailfish, turns out it was just a marlin

yellowfin
    Participant

well maybe not the one u meaning but i have heard of them caught

mulletman
    Participant

i have been told that there has never been a sailfish caught in new zealand waters

yellowfin
    Participant

Went out on a Rig hunting expedition tonight,using prawn as bait 3 nice fish were caught between 12-18lbs..a good night![/url] “> “>

yellowfin
    Participant

Where abouts were you fishing?

yellowfin
    Participant

kinda looks like lyttelton somewhere

yellowfin
    Participant

No guys it was actually sumner of all places,years ago when I was a kid people used to fish off the breakwater there and catch fish…so did we by casting in behind the surf which was pretty rough..another spot for the memory bank!!

yellowfin
    Participant

i also thought that have fished there a few times

St_Paul
    Participant

good catches! was in Kaikoura on wednesday night, heavy easterly blowing. fished south bay from 5 until dark not a thing caught. Had fresh paddle crabs and mullet for bait.

yellowfin
    Participant

Just got back from a few days of Conway flat delight.Caught fish everyday,sea rather large but sinkers held most of time.
    Got a few rig up to 20lbs ,on prawns and crab and dried salted pipis.The eles were even better.They also took salted pipi and raw pipi.A couple of
    them took prawn as well.A four wheeler bike is most desirable as the soft shingle gobbles up 4wd cars.Many,many miles of deep water.Top spot
    when it fires.

yellowfin
    Participant

hello this is my first post, were they caught off the rocks before you head up the hill to taylors, also what is mullet good bait for?

yellowfin
    Participant

mullet catches nearly everything

Anonymous
    Inactive

where exactly is that mate ???

yellowfin
    Participant

there was heaps of mullet caught at the bmx track the other day til tide came in and water got very murky

yellowfin
    Participant

there crrtianly would be there are shit loads all the way up the kaiapoi, caught hundreds over the years at the track alot of kahawai there too

Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.