Latest Catches Spring/Summer 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Fished Birdlings from 7.30 – 11.00 and only had 1 hour bite time.But managed two nice rig.One on crab and other on squid.
    Recon it might be better on incoming tide.Still, a nice morning though.

yellowfin
    Participant

fished amberley last night/this morning used crab for bait thugh managed 4 rig nothing overly great with the biggest being about 7kg the others around 5. got home bout 6am then went to work so bloody tired now

HIPP
    Participant

Good effort Fiery Ginga home at 6 then off to work….Any Eles up Amberly way still?

yellowfin
    Participant

hahaha yea always remember fishing comes first… um not too sure id say so

yellowfin
    Participant

Hi all,had a look at the new brighton wave bouy this morning and the sea looks ok,can anybody tell me first hand if this is the case?..keen to head out after eles tonight if the sea is flat and clear..ta!

fishforpot
    Participant

looks calm enough ….long as ya dont get a headwind , or rip along the beach …..and that damn sea lettuce aint there , you should be sweet
    http://www.niwa.co.nz/our-services/onli … ton-pier-b

Participant

yep sea nice flat good colour too…Caught couple big eles myself this morning also there was alot of longlines out this morning they all seemed to be catching eles all the way down the beach, so good numbers about at moe….. fishing was stuffed by the incoming tide though as weed was starting to get pushed in with tide bloody mess when the crap gets on the line

beameer
    Participant

Hi Birdlings,
    what sort of glass house do you live in???????????You busy berating the drivers of the Nissin that left dog fish on beach and yet the other month you catch a very nice thresher shark and what you do with it other than kill it and take the tail home and mount it on your fence………really get it together. :shock: :shock:

fishforpot
    Participant

I also noticed that beamer …..but in his defence , he couldnt put it back as it was knackered from the fight …..too dangerous no doubt too …..

I gave him the benifit of the doubt , was tempted to say something but lol

yellowfin
    Participant

both were proberbly knackard and i do think he said he was intending on eating it but had an attack of angina, the shark may have been able to be released if the water was more friendly for a person to go into to the thresher i got in kaikoura was knackard and took a while to recover before it slowly swam away

HIPP
    Participant

Just back from a evening/night fish at Coopers lagoon,

My cobber shane got a meduim kahawai on Prawn and all i got tonight was doggies, a few rods in the water tonight saw a couple of other kahawai caught on squid,

Not unplesant down there though, I could think of worse things to be doing every one there seemed pretty laxed out and enjoying themselves, good to see.

Good to see theres still some eles about, might have to try north of chch for a last shot at them.

Three nights fishing in a row, time for some shuteye, Cheers hipp

yellowfin
    Participant

Went up to the pier yesterday, got mullet and one tiny kahawai. Went and saw john/rayhunter at sumner then went to the wharf at lyttelton to try for rays. Nothing much happening but I lost a ray then got a small conger not long after, packed up around 11pm.

Participant

Fished pines beach last nite early morning, scored myself a bag limit for rig (5) & also managed 3 eles…….

baitman
    Participant

Gday Hipp we were fishin just up from you guys we only got doggies. Perfect conditions for a big rig but no dice.
    How late did you guys stay? The misses stamped her hooves and made me pack it in to get the young fullas in bed.

yellowfin
    Participant

In his defence this is what he posted:

[quote:32hf0ldz]tail was 5 foot 4 inches..i have it drying on my fence..very mercury,amonia..type shark..top of the food chain..had an angina attack soon after.didnt have my nitro with me so took off home…was cutting it up.broke my filleting knife.a friend with chooks has arranged to pick up the rest..make real good chook eggs..otherwise the gulls will eat it..I shoulda cut the line when it was tail jumping..!lol..I hate waste..but love a fight..just been out on my road motorcycle to cool off..mellowing out now..

If it had a angina (ive no way to tell in a fish) its becasue it was starved of oxygen, if this was the case why the need to stuff a knife thru its head.

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.