Latest Catches Spring/Summer 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    oldgreyboy
    Participant

went fishing south of timaru this morning managed one large fat ky small schoolies a guy next to me got a 5lb moki on prawn, we kept the larger dogs when iwas fishing on boats a couple of years ago they were worth sixty cents a kg they went to germany i think the bottom has fallen out of the market a mate has ninety tons of quota that no one wants

fishforpot
    Participant

In case you aint spotted it yet , there is a new forum down bottom for planning trips etc …..

gunnercoops
    Participant

Back from a week in Waikawa, fishing was poor. Karaka point …lost gear, and a few big somethings that took me and mates into the foul, nothing landed up there. Saw a carpet shark landed by someone else. A couple of small snapper from Waikawa wharf, and some KY, but only towards the end of the week, I think maybe the amount of rain the week before upset the fishing. Lost more gear at the wharf, probs Coutta. Dissapointing on the whole…thats fishing!

fisherman24
    Participant

Well the fishing was not that great the other day at Taylors Mistake we only got one small school shark.

St_Paul
    Participant

gunnercoops

Miliwolf
    Participant

Might head down there myself tonight and tomorrow, depends on what the forecast looks like and how motivated I feel.

St_Paul
    Participant

give me a tinkle if ya are, always like a bit of company.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Fished Karaka point tonight, and not much to show for my effort. Was quite windy but I was sheltered enough by the cliffs. Quickly caught a KY on my spinner for a live bait and sent it out. Nothing touched it, I released it for next time around 9:30pm. Struggled to find sites suitable for my rock or beach spikes… Eventually got my beach spike in. KY was swimming around quite a bit so decided against Straylining for snapper at the same time. Think I would check it out over low tide next time.

There must be better shore based spots then Karaka for kingfish, just need to find them.

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Im guessing somewhere in the port underwood could be worth a crack.

yellowfin
    Participant

I did some night-time fishing while on holiday last week, the main catches were snapper from the old wharf in Motueka (mostly 25-30cm), and conger eels at Little Kaiteriteri beach.

yellowfin
    Participant

The wind at Birdlings was about 100km and stones and shingle gave me a right flailing.But the fishing was great.Lost four large rig in the last 20 feet of water.
    Two are in the chilly bin and several more took bait ( crab) and did searing,blistering, runs before getting off.Discovered that two of my hooks were straightening
    out a bit, but springing back to shape so it took a while to cotton on to the problem.Off to see proctologist to get gravel and shingle removed from butt.Bite time
    lasted more than three hours.Best morning ever.

HIPP
    Participant

Nice job Socky, new Moon at work I think, was going to head to Coopers tonight not sure about the but the N/W seems to have eased and a southerly change prdicted so, might have to be tomorrow now, see how we go.

mulletman
    Participant

not much been happnin, are eles and rigs still being caught???? although, i went for a quick cast down at my beach and caught a doggy :mad:

yellowfin
    Participant

yea mate they still around

HIPP
    Participant

Fished Coopers tonight,just home now,
    me and a cobber got two good size Rig and three doggies one the smallest Ive ever seen managed to even get caught on my 9/0 hooks,

I also had two good hits which I missed,they hit hard and were gone by the time I got to my rod.

Bit damp down there but reasonably consistant action from 8pm till 10.30pm.

Useing Crab and prawn, one caught on each.
    Hows everyone else going, seems to have gone quiet?
    Cheers, Hipp

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.