Latest Catches Spring/Summer 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    Birdlingsflat
    Participant

Birdlings looks real good this morning.. :grin: :grin:

fishforpot
    Participant

What’s the sea like tho ?

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

wet and full of fish poo :grin:

fishforpot
    Participant

ick …..to think we drink the water fish f#@k in ……….

Fished an hour at low tide down the south side of the Mac today…..2 kahawai for my efforts …..yum

Some nutters were surfcasting at the gate ….they knew full well they wouldnt catch anything , they said it was an excuse to escape from the Mrs’s and get drunk ….the sober driver was well and truely in a happy state when we stopped to see how they were getting on ……lmao

Hardy
    Participant

Buggar Birdlings :grin: . Here is a few trinkets Ron picked up in the Mokihinui Comp. Gentle Annie, the Mussel Rocks, he didn’t tell me. :evil:
    Trying to get him to front up here Alan and Sandra. Was talking to him tonite. And told him I had met you both. The ole buggar hasnt worked out how to post pics on a forum yet. I went through the steps with him, but its like teaching Eskimo’s to make ice :grin: . So thought I would do it for him.

Here is the Silver headed Fox at his best. Enjoy.

Cheers Trev

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

This mornings one cast wonder..sharkey thing.@14lbs.will throw it in the new smoker with some pohutukawa sawdust(at least Im gonna try and eat these things!)

fishforpot
    Participant

You dont like rig ??? I prefer the schoolies and ele’s but there aint anything wrong with rig ….

How’s the sea looking today ? must be calming down and clearing pretty quick ?

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

well after I stopped it flapping around in the smoker..and a few condiments on the fillets..wasnt too bad..sea is excellent here today..this evening should be superb..another forum member just called in with 4 good rig from the spot by the ionisphere station..(the classic rig spot)waters clearing out there beauty..(was the first smoke in the new smoker with pohutukawa sawdust..works well)

Hardy
    Participant

Now these do smoke up well. Southern Tiphead. Westport. This affo. 58cms. Fat as and full of roe. Gunna go into my poormans smoker. To good for bait.

Cheers Trev aka Hardy

Miliwolf
    Participant

Last night the Weather looked good so went for a Snapper fish in the Mahua sounds, Signs from the large flood were still present, a layer of silk on the rocks and dirty water and a lot of debris. Was a warm evening with little wind. Started fishing around 8pm and the tide had just started coming in. There was plenty of nibbles and minor strikes which were probably from KY and spotties. Fished a selection of baits, including Anchovies, half Pilchard and Cockle. When dusk turned to night the first snapper was hooked, a small pannie on anchovy. That was followed by a second pannie, then a nice Snapper of around 7lb. So I decided to try Cockle again, I often experiment with different baits when nothings happening and they never work. But there was a strong bite on, so baited up a big juicy cockle and flicked it out… Nothing touched it… Got one last pannie on another rod. Was out of bait, and getting tired so packed up around 11pm.

In all 4 Snapper and a KY landed.

fisherman24
    Participant

Me and a mate went to our usual spot at birdlings flat yesterday afternoon and i caught a 7lb kahawai and a 10lb rig and my mate got two nice sized rig.

yellowfin
    Participant

Birdlings good this morning,no-one about.A few nice rig.Tried smoked rig from Birdlings flat new smoker and it tasted mighty fine,though he said he could still smell
    the ammonia.But I think that could be a side effect of single malt ,but I could be wrong :lol.

Hardy
    Participant

Good God Socky, you don’t mean he brushed Single Malt into a prime Rig Fillet before smoking it. I was thinking about brushing a portion of Jack Daniels fine Tennessee whisky onto my Kahawai before smoking it. Incidentally when I tried some of Ians Single Malt , it came out my nose and ears. So I had to add some coke for the next three or four. What a crime that was. No wonder I didn’t get my rod out next day.

Well done Fisherman24, bit of a fish slayer arent you :grin:

Cheers Trev aka Hardy

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

fisherman24..Socky was fishing your spot a bit earlier with good results..yesterday evening I was down the beach closer to birdlings with my son..we caught and released a few schoolies
    Trev you wanna be a tad careful casting your rod with that weak stomach(and your complete adversion to expensive liquor)You have to graduate from being an X-cop to a superior geriatric
    and appreciate the finer things in life and leave the wine and cordial to the young uns… :grin:-good to see the pommy slayer wearing the right T-shirt when he catches OUR fish lol..G.O.Y.M.

HIPP
    Participant

Good to see you guys are out there doing it,

I havent been out for a wee while now, thanks for the updates its motivational, what was that fish Hardy?

looks like a Kahawai to me? or is Southern Tiphead what you call them over there. cheers, Hipp

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.