Latest Catches Spring/Summer 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    fisherman24
    Participant

yes hipp i was using crab,i went out yesterday to Southshore to stock up on them for next time.Thanks for that fishforpot i will have to try that next time.

yellowfin
    Participant

Spent a couple hours at Pines tonight..sea was perfect and the Eles were biting well until the full moon came out,managed four for the evening between 11-13lbs.“>

elmo22
    Participant

good catch kevo85 you must of got them just before the river came down in flood…i guess the sea will be dirty for a while now with all the rain on the coast.

yellowfin
    Participant

Possibly elmo,but I reckon spencer park could be worth a look provided there is cloud cover to hide the moon and it should avoid the dirty water of the Mak aswell!!

yellowfin
    Participant

…snapper around 30 cm…

fishforpot
    Participant

The Mac is blowing alright , and its half way to the gate at Spencers but the incoming tide is holding it back ….
    The sea is pretty big tho , Id head Pines rather than Spencers once the tides going out …..

yellowfin
    Participant

Just got back from a solid week and a half of fishing up at kenepuru sounds,nelson and kaikoura. Got my first ever snapper ended up getting a bunch (around 15),tried for kingfish with no luck,my mrs got a moki in kaikoura and we got about 15 red cod in last 2 days there (strangely coloured red cod tho),I also hooked a red rock lobster and a couple eels,anyways heres a few pics

HIPP
    Participant

nice fish boomslang, you must be very please with your first snapper.

I see you were straylineing for the snapper,what was your bait,looks like squid,

Cheers, hipp

yellowfin
    Participant

thanks mate,

yeah it was just squid, basically fished the same spot by the rocks for 2 days till I got him. I was using mussels in kaikoura. Didn’t catch a single thing with squid in kaikoura.

yellowfin
    Participant

nice moki, what was the length of it?

mulletman
    Participant
    fishforpot
    Participant

http://www.trackairadventures.com/gummy … age013.jpg

Biggest Ive seen was a 32lber ….it was exactly 5 feet long and VERY deep in the body …
    The pic in the link is nowhere near as deep in the body though Id pick it closer to 6 feet long ……I doubt it would be 45 lb let alone 45 kilo

I suspect there are different varieties of gummy shark ….so who knows how big they go , 40lb is the biggest Ive heard of

Miliwolf
    Participant

Anyone know how to tell gummy sharks (Mustelus antarcticus) apart from Rig (Mustelus lenticulatus)? Both species are suppose to occur in our water.

mulletman
    Participant

there both very simalair, and i think that one has more spots or somthing

yellowfin
    Participant

moki was 48cm long

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.