Latest Catches Spring/Summer 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

so most fish are in close
    maybe i should try closer to the rangi river mouth
    is it best fishing in clear water or in clear water like i was
    only 1 paddle crab yesterday at mid-day
    put it on the hook whole and something took it and ran for 10 secvonds but never stuck the hook in :(
    i have been using mussel cooked prawn and sqid ??

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

most of your questions searunner can be answered by browsing this site.it all depends what your fishing for?-sounds like you would be happy with anything….strip fishy baits for Kahawai..crab for rig etc…re baits and rigging them…browse the site…also clear water is good -happy fishing..and remember to read your input before you submit it..ie qoute-“is it best fishing in clear water or in clear water like i was”-unquote..we find it extremely difficult to answer things like that .. :lol: ..Im off down the beach now..cheers Ian
    :lol: :lol:

yellowfin
    Participant

dirty water i meant sorry
    lol
    good luck fishing
    it sounds klike i have the correct bait and am fishing it correctly but am not
    there at the correct time or tide
    jsut have to put in the time like with any fishing
    cheers

oldgreyboy
    Participant

been south of timaru twice no luck today fished north dirty water two brat schoolies where are the fish

elmo22
    Participant

went to mokihini on the west coast north of westport on xmas day they have a 10 day fishing conp there that we go in every year start boxing day went over to gentle annie and fished morning for a few hrs got one bite went to westport races then back out fishing in evening got one bite nothing landed sea was discoloured and pretty rough one big dumper hit the line and lost our line buryed in the stones 2 other times..strorm came that night and at 7.30 told to get ready to evacated the motor camp river raising 1mts every 10 mins.. all clear at 9.00am so stayed. river went though the seddonville pub up to the height of the pool table lost every thing that was our weigh in place. sea was suffed dirty rough so after a couple of day no fishing we came home last thursday… so will be takeing my caravan out to balyes on monday afernoon and doing a fish there on monday night and tuesday morning then home… will have a red hilux down beach if any one is pasing stop a have a chat .. also will have wife have to take her as she is very lucky at getting fish so need her to get ME a feed of fish lol

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

will come down for a natter Elmo..heres this mornings catch on spinner off the beach..Happy New Year all!!! :grin:South of Bayleys of course
    …and was that a forum member I yelled at?Booger?Gumdrop?Go on put yer mugshot up!!dont be shy..

fishforpot
    Participant

Beautiful , my favourite eating fish …….

The water a tad clearer than the other day I assume ?

Kahawai , yum ……..so tempted to flit out tomorrow and try my luck ……..

mulletman
    Participant

what kind of spinner were you using birdlings?? :?: :?:

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

yup nice and clear all the sticks and grass gonish…heres your spinner mulletman..please bear in mind im chasing these schools on my quad and casting from it into the breakers..shit they move along the beach fast.. :grin: good to see em back down here..fresh fried tonight with a dill and lemon batter ..I cooked up some fresh ele and most of my guests reckoned..the kahawai was best..I spent years smoking fish when I was younger and I guess when my new smoker arrives the fish will bugger off..

mulletman
    Participant

thank-you :D , i use this spinner my self and catch a few big ky on it, and yes the do move incredibly fast, i am often amazed at places like kaikoura, as they will be a k down the beach while your still retreving your spinner

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

sorry mate Im from the north KY means something else up there..try Kahawai!!??must be jet propelled ones at Kaikoura…phzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..may pop out early in the morn if its very still..blowing like a trumpeter here

mulletman
    Participant

can anyone identify this fish, i think its a scorpion fish but im not sure

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

maori chief/grandaddy hapuka/sea perch/it gets lots of local names but im not sure of its real name..nice to eat jake..did you eat it?nice white flesh…

yellowfin
    Participant

Fished at Kaikoura beach this morning 9.30am to about 5pm. Was pretty good conditions but started fishing to late in the day and by the afternoon the strong offshore wind picked up along with the swell and lots of weed in the water so moved over to the wharf for an hour caught a few mullet for bait then came home. Managed to land a skate, two congers and lost a few others. Tried the spinner a couple times but just no kahawai around didn’t see anyone else getting any either.

Apparently the squid are back at the wharf so hoping to get some with the cast net when I go up at the end of the week ready for the competition, although the weather is looking bad with rain all next weekend.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Fairly certain only line fishing is allowed from the Wharf Zac.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.