Latest Catches Spring/Summer 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    fishforpot
    Participant

You are quite right sam , except milly is talking about a different part of NZ , he’s a claytons north islander remember …

NZ is split into different areas with different bag limits , like I can take 30 bluecod from the peir “maybe mulletman could lmao” and only 10 from Amberly beach

Tried ringing you on the weekend , ya mum said youd been abducted by aliens …

Miliwolf
    Participant

sam.peterson

fishforpot
    Participant

Hey Millie …….you guys would be hard pressed to catch a legal sized elephant fish up your way ? according to that link the minimum size is about 6 foot long

Miliwolf
    Participant

True, never noticed that. I wonder what it was meant to be. 150mm is a bit small assuming they mistook cm for mm. Just had a quick look, challenger seems to be the only area with a elephant fish size limit. Suspect they entered the mesh size into the wrong column. .

On the mfish sign at grove wharf I beleive the trevally size is listed over 1m long.

fishforpot
    Participant

Maybe its just in case mulletman heads north …..

mulletman
    Participant

the only place i can catch blue cod is motunau, and somtimes taylors mistake, but u know whatever, here we go with the hate mail again :

mulletman
    Participant

went out today, got a nice schooly on mullet cut bait

yellowfin
    Participant

Hay all,

Was thinking of going to Amberly tomorrow moring for a quick try, but am unsure wether the huruni river being inflood would make the water dirty, i know its a wee way away but looking at what the waimak did to sumner and the coast leaves me unsure, could anyone please help, Cheers

mulletman
    Participant

i think it might be a bit dirty, but rig, like all sharks, have extremly good sense of smell, so a crab bait might still work, it has done for me many times, dirty water, smelly baits, big fish,

mulletman
    Participant

that schooly was caught in dirty water 2 day, on mullet, so i think ul b ok

fisherman24
    Participant

just got back from amberly and i managed to get 7 rig and 2 mullet in 3 hours all on raw prawns. huntz n fishes nz it didt seem to be to dirty.

just keept 3 tho

HIPP
    Participant

well done fisherman24, you are leading the way with the rig this season,

I hope to get out over christmas, with acouple of days in Gore Bay planned too.

Merry Christmas Everyone:) from Hipp

mulletman
    Participant

i knew amberly would have a lot of fish there :D

yellowfin
    Participant

fished the pier last night. by far best fishing night up there this season. i lost two massive school sharks, they surfaced and evrything. the first one took a first run of about 100 meters, both estimated over 5 and a half foot plus. another guy up there got an ele, 2 seven gillers, landed first one and lost second one halfway down the pier . the two mates i was with, one got 3 rig, biggest about 14 pound, and other mate got 7 rig, biggest around 10 pound, they only kept the one big one each,. some random afgans up their also got an ele,

yellowfin
    Participant

Wicked catch there Fisherman24!!

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.