Latest Catches Spring/Summer 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    Birdlingsflat
    Participant

They are great little wagons..gonna miss mine when I sell it this week..BLOODY good question fishforpot!Why there???!!! :???: :???: :???:

beameer
    Participant

Guys the knife may appear to have stabbed the wrong place but it was more of a scale thing :shock: :eek: :lol:

Miliwolf
    Participant

Decided to make the most of the good weather and took the long drive around to Tennyson Inlet. Got there around 6pm which was a touch early and the first couple of hours fishing was slow with only stolen baits and a single KY being landed.
    Towards evening the sea breeze died down, and once the Sun dropped behind the hills the fishing started. Ended up landing 4 pannies and 2 kahawai with many more lost baits (nibbles/strikes every minute). Suspect most of the fish were small so could not eat my 8/0 hook.

Fished until just before 10 when the tide changed to outgoing before heading home, got back to the car to discover the door was left ajar so the internal light been going for the previous 4 hours. Luckily the battery had plenty of life so the engine started.

Also went down to the diversion Saturday morning, when I got there at 7:20am the early risers had a few Kahawai each, I caught one and saw a few more landed but the fishing died of by 8am. There was a small workup along from the south bank which slowly drifted south. Also saw plenty caught in the surf on spinners Friday night.

beameer
    Participant

Went out for acouple of hours before lunch today conditions only slightly better than yesterday sea fog around but managed to get a few Rig for a change

mulletman
    Participant

where abouts?

yellowfin
    Participant

I went to kaikoura today,very first cast I got a 62cm long red cod on squid bait,then just crappy dogfish for next few hours.

I don’t really know where to go in kaikoura but i went to the beach about 300m away from helicopter pad,hopefully you know where that is.

beameer
    Participant

On the spit Mulletman :wink: :wink:

Miliwolf
    Participant

Boomslangnz

yellowfin
    Participant

Always seem to get seven gillers at the beach in front of the railway station most times I’ve been up. Also get Congers, Red Cod, School Sharks, Stingrays, lots of kahawai if you cast a lure. There’s a few places a bit further north not sure what they’re like but the one I checked out looked different to the railway station beach somehow just how the waves were breaking not sure if it’s deeper or not.

Went to Wakanui this afternoon about 3pm and stayed till 11pm. Was a bit rough when I got there but easily fishable and got calmer through the day. First fish was a red cod, turned out to be the only fish or even bite for 5 hours not even a dogfish. Had one rod out with crab and other with mullet. As soon as it hit dark I started getting bites and one small run on the crab rod and not long after landed a tiny rig. Also got my first dogfish of the day not long after that.. Casted out fresh crab baits again but no luck for the next hour so packed up.

8 hours of fishing for 1 red cod, 1 doggie and a tiny rig. I really got no idea why there seemed to be no fish in the water most of the day not even a single dogfish. Worst day fishing in a long time.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

went out 8.30 am this morning 3 casts 3 elles..15 mins..jeez the ride down to x-spot took 15 mins..mind you this one had a death wish..lovely day par excellence!!

yellowfin
    Participant

Went to kaikoura yesterday. bit of a swell rolling in.. We managed a couple of small school sharks and my mate held onto something big for an hour tillit eventually snapped the line. Suspect a big shark or ray.

Bloody hot and in the middle of the day so probably not ideal. But it was still a pleasant day.

yellowfin
    Participant

I was in kaikoura too,yeah it was bloody hot. I didn’t mind the 4 babes right behind me in bikinis for around 3 hours while i was fishing tho. Good times….

Miliwolf
    Participant

While fishing in front of the railway station it is possible to set in such a way to perv at any hot tourist while they walk either to or away from the station. They also get the benefit to perv at me while I fish. Would certainly be a highlight of their trip.

yellowfin
    Participant

haha

St_Paul
    Participant

I always ensure I take my Binoculars when fishing the whaleway station for a spot of “bird” watching!
    Am due down there again for work next week. :P

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.