Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Fished Taumutu this morning, bloody hell it was windy, manged 2 schoolies before I gave up.

Miliwolf
    Participant

The fiery ginga

yellowfin
    Participant

I started at about 2am mili

Miliwolf
    Participant

The fiery ginga

fishforpot
    Participant

Hell , ya wouldnt catch me out fishing at that hour lol , unless I worked weird hours or something silly …….

I rarely fish in the dark , its a rare outing indeed if I havent got a feed by the time the suns gone down , maybe nothing to do with any imaginary fishing skills lol , but the spot I fish is so productive ….

Miliwolf
    Participant

fishforpot

Mal
    Participant

I normally keep the first 3 or 4 decent rig or elephant that I catch at the start of the season, then release everything else, there is a lot of fillets in 1 big fish

yellowfin
    Participant

Fished low tide at pines early this morning, good surge running which made it difficult to hold the gear in one place, didn’t matter though as between 2 of us we caught 5 rig weighing 6,7,12,12 and 15lbs on prawn… had the beach to ourselves :grin:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice fish kevo. Will be going to Pines myself next week. The prawn you were using are just your supermarket ones?

yellowfin
    Participant

Yeah mate, just plain old raw ones, doesn’t seem to matter whether it’s a couple of small tails to a hook or one large prawn!!

Duckman
    Participant

just come back from ambo beach {amberley}, caught a rig but since i have never filleted one before, i let it go, would of been about a 5-6lb and 2.5 to 3 foot long, used salted mackerel and squid bait

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

nother fresh ele today one rod one hook one cast midday :grin:

sevengiller
    Participant

Birdlings what bait do you use also do you fish close to the rocks or further down the beach.

yellowfin
    Participant

Nice fish Birdlings!

HIPP
    Participant

Thats a bloody cracker Ian, well done,

2 friends of mine and 2 kids were at Baylies yesterday and got one nice Rig and lost another and released 2 red Cod around 11.30am ish a busy start then all went quiet, I had to work !!!!humph.

I hope to get out one evning this week at least.

Cheers Hipp

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.