Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    Duckman
    Participant

ha ha yeah blenheim, yeah nice fishing spots up there, use to fish the bar and diversion heaps also port underwood

Miliwolf
    Participant

The port is one place I have never seriously shore fished, I keep on intending to one day but there are so many other spots which I know produce. Spearo’s (including myself) keep the stocks of Butters and Moki thin around the more easily accessible land based spots… Have heard it was possible to catch worthwhile numbers of Gurnard off Ocean point but I never had much luck (nor really tried to be honest).

Duckman
    Participant

also portage is nice, i snapped a rod at port underwood, there 10 mins getting bites then a huge bite, went to wind in and bugger me days rod snapped so it was my fishing for the day, haven’t been up that way for over 8 years so not sure what the fishing is like now, but it use to be good

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

26lb rig past bayleys beach 7.30pm

yellowfin
    Participant

Jeez your putting us all to shame Bf! Heading out for first fish of the summer tomorrow morning.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

think I will have a rest tomorrow..lol..caught it on a crayfish leg..from the day before..go figure..?! :grin:

Miliwolf
    Participant

Yeah, I have not even had my surfcasters out once this year…. (I decided to forget about my Bruce bay attempt)…. Once I get over this lingering cold, I am going to catch crabs and catch myself a few Rig. Its getting embarrassing really.

yellowfin
    Participant

Off to amberley again this morning hope to get more rig. Only got a couple last weekend and a couple the weekend before. Might target eles this weekend also and prob will head to birdlings sat or Sunday

Duckman
    Participant

where along amberley beach do you fish, went last saturday and got a skate went sunday got 2 small sharks, caught on squid bait, thought it might have been to rough today

yellowfin
    Participant

Just anywhere will do

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

I expect a full report Greg..hopefully with a big moon the rig will be crawling up the beach….? :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

Got a lot of hits only managed one rig myself and pier master got two small ones, the guy. Bside us got a nice rig. Though I did get two nice eles between 230 and 330 am so can’t complain too much. May head back tomorrow same time or even give birdlings flat a try for a change

yellowfin
    Participant

Are you using crabs or prawns? Amberley is sounding pretty tempting right now. Anyone had much sucess with pipis off Amberley or Birdlings?

yellowfin
    Participant

Crikey birdlings, you da man.Is dat a rig in your pocket or are you pleased to see me?

yellowfin
    Participant

crabs

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.