Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    HookLineSinker
    Participant

Cooked or raw prawns work just fine, take off there heads thread like a softbait so the hook point comes out in the tail end and elastic it, throw it out and wait i mean wait longer than you think usually iv been about ready to pull it in when the bait has been hit, and dont throw it out to far just into good water works the best

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

paddlecrabs live…this is great I only use half per trip

http://www.gourmetseafood.co.nz/paddle-crab-live

just for the gourmets out there heres one of tonights man courses..cold smoked cajun rig baked with tartare and cheese on a bed of dry roasted parsnip
    garnished with parsley of course

well Im new to rig fishing too my first was last year and Im hooked..good crab or shrimp bait well wound on with elastic and patience for the wait(now i dont have to bludge sockys crabs)

yellowfin
    Participant

Went for a fish last night, caught a good rig and lost another in the surf, before the sea lice turned up and essentially ended the fishing.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

nice rig piermaster.. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

thanks for that link birdlings, Ill order some now. I actually met you last week, you came down and had a wee chat with me and a friend out at birdlings.

yellowfin
    Participant

If you keep eating big feeds like that youre gonna need an outrigger on da harley to lug your immensness around the countryside.And what are the poor people eating?.Who cares!.
    Nice job on the cuisine front Firdling.

PierMaster
    Participant

caught 4 rig at amberley last night, 13lb, 8lb, 5lb and about a 2lb :P kept the 2 larger ones had a few other hits too

yellowfin
    Participant

Do you cast from the beach or do you wade out a little? I was thinking about going to southbridge tonight but maybe amberley looks the go

PierMaster
    Participant

Just cast from beach, if u live in chch its easy enough to just get your own crabs at brighton or southshore, was dam calm last night at amberley should be much the same tonight

yellowfin
    Participant

yeah I live in chch. Sounds pretty good I think I may head out there then

yellowfin
    Participant

Got a few rig at amberley with ginga and piermaster friday fished lyttelton tonight not much happening just a small conger off the breakwater

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

fished near bayleys this morn..coupla rig heads on the beach from last night..bit of a swell running..every cast caught greyboys..gave up in the end

fishforpot
    Participant

Just smaller ones can we assume Ian ? …. be another month before the bigger fellas are there …..Id sooner eat them than rig …..but thats just me lol

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

yup on a cocktail of prawn/squid..biggest was maybe 3lbs..so we got rig/male eles and small greyboys-hanging around-and schools of small baitfish offshore-the trawlers are getting female eles further out..any day now the decent fish should be here-the trick is to be out there….at the right time :grin:

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

and today was the right time-2nd for the season
    15lbs-prawn 1st and last cast-windy and choppy-female

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.