Latest Catches 3

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 849 total)
  • Author
    Miliwolf
    Participant

Spent the last week or two up in the north island, did a bit of fishing. Not going to go into much details but hooked and lost a probable kingfish, Caught a couple of rays in Northland and got onto a few big Kahawai around the Coromandel. Did not do a lot of fishing but was nice to see a few new areas of the country. Hoping to get into the Sounds again shortly for same serious fishing before winter brings everything to a decline:)

mulletman
    Participant

many reddys off the beaches yet

Miliwolf
    Participant

Fished a point in Te Mahia Bay tonight, got there at 4pm to calm conditions and high tide. Quickly had a live bait out, then flicked out a stray line rig. The spotties seemed to have slowed down a bit and did not shred all of my baits in seconds.

At around dusk, caught a decent size Snapper on a anchovy. After dark caught quite a few small size Kahawai, seemed to be a school hanging about. Lost my good pair of pliers . Packed up and went home at 9:30pm. In all not a bad trip, good to confirm that the Snapper are still in the Kenepuru.

Might go for another Snapper fish tomorrow night, then chase Rig one night this week. The big mummy Rigs should still be about :)

fishforpot
    Participant

What sorta random dribble is “many reddys off the beaches yet” ?

I can only assume it’s a question ….
    And you must be asking about the abundance of that exquisite eating and extremely hard fighting sports fish otherwise known as Pseudophycis bachus

The presence of such a fish will likely be kept secret ….but I wouldnt be suprised if there are a few lurking around , especially once the sun sets …

Miliwolf
    Participant

Caught a few on prawn baits on my last few Rig trips, so I suspect they are about in large numbers.

yellowfin
    Participant

Went to the Pier after football on Saturday… Caught a tasty dogfish in a few hours…

Fishforpot you’re such a snob =)

mulletman
    Participant

caught 4 doggies and a beautiful 8 pound winter kahawai on saturday. tasted great after it was smoked

yellowfin
    Participant

didnt know there was a spieces called a winter kahawai?

Anonymous
    Inactive

mulletman

yellowfin
    Participant

Didn’t know kahawai was a spice either sam…

mulletman
    Participant

there is even an artical on winnter kahawai on this website sam

yellowfin
    Participant

yea but y winter kahawai

its just a normal kahawai

Anonymous
    Inactive

Either way an 8lb kahawai is a nice fish !
    maybe your fellas time would be better spent out catching a fish yourselves ?
    then there would be no need for the ongoing pedantic critiquing of mulletmans postings.

Mal
    Participant

You can put a ring around that, at least the lad is out there doing it, don’t concern yourself with the cynics and self proclaimed experts on this forum Mullet…… just keep posting

mulletman
    Participant

a nice 4 pound blue moki from the rocks at taylors mistake on sunday crayfish for bait

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 849 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.