2013 sping/summer surf catches.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 410 total)
  • Author
    shark slayer
    Participant

haha intetesting answer the big rabbit will help me outfish you..weather is shit man..wad just going to head out tonight but no way hard out storm!!!!

chchlandbased
    Participant

No pics today SS, left phone at home by mistake, but watch this space, will try the rocks again this weekend weather permitting

Miliwolf
    Participant

Caught a couple of Rig surfcasting tonight , fishing was very slow. Caught one rig on my second cast, and the other on the last rod I reeled back in.

Lovely evening otherwise, and had higher expectations.

yellowfin
    Participant

Come fishing s.s bring that big bunny of urz

shark slayer
    Participant

checked my pms this morning and no word so didnt get ready..alot of fuckheads on the road already aswel plus im already hslf pissed..being end of work friday and everything..the forecast is ok tommorrow but shit sunday???

yellowfin
    Participant

Good to see you s.s pity about the arsehole fishing man sorry bout that it hit southerly haaaard here about 8.00 big front.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Kaikoura was slow

Arrived at Goose Bay around 7pm, bit of weed in the breakers but conditions were okay. First cast resulted in a Octopus, nothing over high tide, nothing at dusk, nothing at Moonrise, nothing at midnight so I packed up and went to sleep. Up at 6:30 and started fishing Goose Bay again…. Nothing over high tide, nothing by 10am so packed up again and went searching for a work up.

Found one, two in fact. Both located between the Kowhai River and the next on further south. Caught quite a few big Kahawai. It was not long before a southerly hit and the work ups slowly dispersed so i packed up and went home to prepare for Sunday.

Much to my surprise, the road was free of idiots. They were much worst the previous two weekends. Notice lately quite a few drivers ignoring slow vehicle bays entirely which is a sad development…. Next weekend it would be diabolical. If someone is contempt to drive along at 75km/hr you would think they would have the time to pull over for a few seconds and allow all the traffic stuck behind them to pass….. The slower the driver the less patient they seem to be (obviously ignoring tractors, trucks and vintage cars they normally well behaved).

Forgot photo

<a href="“>
    Goose Bay by Thomas J. Walsh, on Flickr

yellowfin
    Participant

nice pic wolf. looks like you caught a wondering spirit. to the left of the rods with the green light through it and a red ghostly shape.
    Or it could just be a trick of the camera.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Its a beach fairy dancing over my chilly bin in the moonlight. Their faint glow goes unseen by the naked eye but can be picked up by long exposures.

Some people would claim that its ‘ghosting’ caused by the camera lens, something to do with a extremely bright light source interfering with the elements of the lens. A close relative to lens flare. Should of spent the 20 minutes or so editing it out in post processing but was much to lazy.

yellowfin
    Participant

Its a trippy pic
    I took a pic of a southerly front hitting neast
    Give me ur email addy mili il send you 2 pics to post for me im on my cell.
    It looked like several spaceships inside the darkest clouds

yellowfin
    Participant

it’s the ghost of a long dead surfcaster still waiting patiently for that bite……just don’t turn your back thomas….he’ll probably nic off with your rod!!

elmo22
    Participant

good one gollyfish it may not be a dead surfcaster it might be any of us patiently waiting for a bite and then rush out and steal his fish so we can eat and then return to our normal body shape lol

HIPP
    Participant

Awsome photo mili, well done

Miliwolf
    Participant

elmo22

yellowfin
    Participant

ahh!! the famous fish thief of goose bay…bloody poms !

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 410 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.