2012 surf catches Spring/summer

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 731 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Yep I would be keen,St paul got my contact details mili.Had a short fish tonite at rarangi but no bites.Very low barometer maybe the rig dont bite when that low.A few tries during similar conditions would verify that.Mountain goat is my middle name.lol

Miliwolf
    Participant

socky

kaikourafisho
    Participant

went For fish couple nights ok an got my biggest rig so far
    12kg (26.4lbs) was one of the best fights ive had for while

Miliwolf
    Participant

Thats a nice RIg you got there.

kaikourafisho
    Participant

Cheers miliwolf im happy as with it . im hopeing for anther one this weekend

yellowfin
    Participant

very nice rig

fishforpot
    Participant

Well done indeed

Any sign of gurnard or kahawai north of Kaikoura yet ?

kaikourafisho
    Participant

hay yes the guy beside me was catching kahawai last night an some of the other guys have been catching
    salmon. i caught one bout a week ago spining for salmon so they are there . as for gurnard i havent
    caught one of the beach in few months altho ive only really been fishing for rig an greyboys .

shark slayer
    Participant

nice rig there mate,good to see someone from kaikoura on here,she would have been pregnant,did you let her or the pups go???havn’t been out for a while now,got my new boat so i have been busy setting it up.the ele’s should be here by now…although i have never seen so many southerlies back to back….

Miliwolf
    Participant

Hoping to get out twice this long weekend, once after Snapper and then to Spot M on Monday night. This year photography has been consuming much of the time I use to spend fishing. Although I am mostly missing out on my short afternoon/evening trout or kahawai trips.

Tomorrow I plan to hike up a little Awatere side stream, have heard it holds a few good trout at times.

Also might head down to Canterbury next weekend, although would prefer south Westland or NW nelson if the forecast allows.

kaikourafisho
    Participant

hay yup was a girl rig check for pups but wasnt any may of droped them i guess . just alot of whole crabs in belly tho .
    hooked up to anther rig last nite on a mussel crayfish mix but lost it in the surf at my feet was abit gutted coz i waited for 3 an half hour for bite then fish prety much smoked me in the surf was so close to me it wasnt funny haha .
    as for the ele’s havent seen one yet but heard they round would be mint to catch one of thos
    what sort of boat you buy shark slayer

shark slayer
    Participant

4.1 meter frewza fisho,will post a pick soon,i left my digital camera in a mates car and he’s away until tuesday.i caught a rig a while back on a tuatua/mussel combo so they seem to like mussel.went out today,hooked into a big rig first cast,got it right in close and then snap…wind in the line and my 200lb trace had snapped,i didn’t get to see it…i assume it rubbed me off on some foul.then went to birdlings and got crabbed out..haha think i will go back to setting my boat up. :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

New on the board but interested in your southern surfcasting. We have good rig fishing up here. (known as lemons, lemonfish, smoothies or SSH) Our club record is 23kgs. :D

Miliwolf
    Participant

Welcome to the forum Gary.

yellowfin
    Participant

Could this Be Gary the Great??

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 731 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.