2012 surf catches Spring/summer

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 731 total)
  • Author
    shark slayer
    Participant

at last!i got my internet working again..did you get my pm ffp??despite working long hours this week i managed two nice sea runs this week..first one at 5lb took me 10 casts..the second at 6lb took 3 casts..here are some photos…
    number 1
    number 2
    told my mate josh to switch his lure and he pulled a pb 8lber last nightgood fish mate..i am enjoying this trout fishing…needed a break from the surf :)

shark slayer
    Participant

went for a flick this eve for an hour..josh walked away with a 5lber..i got a 3lber..bastard is outfishing me know i told him my secret :lol:

kaituna ian
    Participant

Nice fish trout slayer 8)

fishforpot
    Participant

Please remove all mud fish from the surf casting forum !!!!!! I’m starting to feel like throwing up lol ..

oompalompa
    Participant

you are a machine slayer- you are like aquaman, calling the fish to you

fishforpot
    Participant

The Fish Whisperer ………..better than another guy I used to fish with …but that’s another story and not fit for a public forum lmao

shark slayer
    Participant

:lol: ..thanx for the laugh guys..went down this eve and got my bag limit of mudfish(or extremely good eating searun trout in my language) in twenty minutes..i wanted to let the second one go i dont like taking two but it swallowed the fuck out of my lure and it also has a deformed rear end..i have seen this in red cod a few times..i assume it was attacked as a youngster and survived leaving the wound to grow over and stay twisted..looks weird but they still taste the same..here are the pics..

3 and 5lb..i am taking a couple of the boys from work out on thursday then i will call it quits and move onto the next challenge…the flounder

shark slayer
    Participant

so i go to leave…and josh rocks up with a 6.3lber out of the same pool i lost one in last week..i hate that guy :lol:

yellowfin
    Participant

have seen trout else where looking like that, But yes As Fish for pot said put them in the trout section lol

troutfishernz
    Participant

yellowfin

Duckman
    Participant

Went to Kaikoura yesterday for the day, managed 1 43cm moki, 1 mullet, 3 red cod and a conger eel, 1 of the cod was actually grey/white in colour which i hadn’t seen before and through it back before getting a photo [buga], it was as if it was albino.

fishforpot
    Participant

Caught a cod like that up at Kaiks early this year ..was quite skinny for its length and fairly white ….when I split it with my knife there was next to no meat on it and it stunk …all my fish go on ice as soon as they have bled out so stinky fish got the biff ..

shark slayer
    Participant

took the boys from work out on thursday..i got a nice 3.5lber pretty quick and just sat back..dave the irishmen got his first searun newzealand trout at 4.3lb not through a lack of trying but he was stoked..the mexican guy had deaf ears and a taste for beer and other mexican produce so he caught none haha…nice day out tho..popped down this eve..hooked a beuty 2nd cast but snapped my 8lb braid trying to grab it(what a tool)things went downhill from there..i tried to get a lure out of a tree with the end of my rod and knocked it into the water and then the rod slipped out of my hand strait into the deep pool..so went home to get my surf rod dive boots and snorkel to retreive it..no way im loosing 650 bucks worth of gear..got my rod back after an hour and swiftly landed a 5lb plus searun that gave me the best trout fight i have ever had…and then finished the evening by busting off on a beuty..must of rubbed the braid on something..think i will go back to 15lb…so here are my last lazy pics of mudfish on the surf forum ffp haha…me and daves fish
    this evenings fish..well conditioned and scrappy as f$ck :)

troutfishernz
    Participant

Fishing was pretty slow in Nelson this evening, Only managed 2 spotties on softbait, Other rod with squid wasn’t even touched.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Got an Octopus in off Rocks road this morning, Plus was reeling a hooked wrasse when a big Barracouta grabbed it, was hooked up briefly before it sliced my line.

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 731 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.