2012 surf catches Spring/summer

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 731 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

awesome catch jo well done….fished port levy yesterday released a 10lb rig… got 3 just legal moki, lost a thumper in the mussel farm tho..gonna see what the winds are doing tomorrow but will probly head over to peraki.

shark slayer
    Participant

cheers ollie..well done on the moki..your getting good..almost to good :lol: ..peraki will be mint if the nor easter dosnt come up…slay it hard mate haha we may have to do a boat/kayak moki mish sometome soon….

shark slayer
    Participant

fished the beach for a while..lost a gurnard..i hate owner hooks..get blunt to easy..got sick of the beach so went for a quick moki..had owner problems again but managed two nice mokes in between the wrasse..one was super scrappy and pulled way more line than any of todays eles…mite go fish the beach again..gonna have a moki sesh in the morning before slowly cruising home 8)

yellowfin
    Participant

sounds like a plan jo….on to a winna i rexcon!

troutfishernz
    Participant

had a quick fish in the channel behind port Nelson today. Heaps of wrasse around but nothing else, Got about 20 between me and a mate including a couple on a fly rod.

shark slayer
    Participant

sweet ollie let me know were and when…had a short moki sesh this morning..landed 3 undersizers but ran out of bait..stopped at conway to give a dude i met the day before some tips on the eles..landed a big cow(oops i mean female sorry ian haha)line wrapped so had to keep it..gave two away so got 4 eles for the freezer and a couple mokes not a bad weekend..
    was that you ginga that showed up and landed a nice school shark and then left??

yellowfin
    Participant

na mate not me

fishforpot
    Participant

Wasnt someone going to stop fishing for eles about 3 months ago ? or are they a different sub-species up at Conway ?

Two of us fished hard for 9 hrs today in awesome conditions over at Goat Point …Burleyed up hard and managed 1 blue cod about 1/4 of a pound …2 wrasse , a scarlet parrot fish and 1 maori chief ….
    We fished the south side out of the end of the point , off the top of the cliff ..normally really bad for snags …we lost 3 sinkers and 2 hooks for the day …..just as well I took 37 with me ….got quite a stash over there now lmao
    Was a time 10yrs ago where we would have caught 20 blue cod each in the same spot ……Spot-X has killed it

shark slayer
    Participant

different subspecies mate called get fucked fish haha just joking :grin: ..yeap been pretty bad on the eles this year but i dont think taking 6 eles for a season at conway will make them extinct…main reason i had a go at them is because i am sick of catching just moki and the blue cod and trumpeter fishing off my bay is fucked now so there is a limited and boring number of species to target…i could have caught hundreds of eles at bayleys this season but i only took 14 for the season and stopped fishing a few days before chrissy day..plus i do not eat red meat only fish and i am proud of the fact that i catch all my fish myself and dont buy fish wich means i dont fund trawling..i wanted to get a few from conway before easter when it will get raped……anyhow looks like i am finally going for a shark mish on friday..conditions look perfect at this stage..will spend the rest of the weekend chilling at the bay and will have one last go at the kingis..a reliable source has whispered they are still around……

oompalompa
    Participant

keep an eye for me s/s- coming over to your bay on thurs- how the water, is the vis good for a snorkle?

Duckman
    Participant

had a couple of days in Kaikoura and at Conway, 4 moki 3 of which went back as undersize from Kaikoura and 7 ele’s from Conway, 1 went back as it was small and gave one to Ginga
    “>
    “>

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

troutfishernz
    Participant

Nice fish Duckman.

Fished near Nelson this afternoon, Heaps of rip which made the fishing hard. Got a few spotties and some wrasse. Some guy hooked a huge Stingray but got busted off.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea fished conway with duckman, managed 2 rig and 4 eles plus donald gave me one, , though as S/S suspected it got a hiding over the weekend, woulda seen 40+ caught saturday, went back monday (yesterday) with the mrs to see if they were still lurking around, managed 3 myself plus she got one and also she got a crab which i turned into another rig, so wasnt too bad of a weekend though yesterday wass pretty slow with 5 fish in about 8 hours

Miliwolf
    Participant

What bait were the elephants caught on?

About to head overseas for a few months so would not have a chance to target them this year. Been a while since I done any landbased saltwater fishing, mainly been trolling. Trolling for Kingies have been uneventful but good exercise. Been catching good numbers of trout when I troll the local rivers.

Plan to be back in the country in time for the spring snapper :) , going to miss the normally excellent autumn fishing :(

Duckman
    Participant

Caught on tua tua and cooked prawns mili, hey have a good trip

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 731 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.