2012 surf catches Spring/summer

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 731 total)
  • Author
    shark slayer
    Participant

yea morning is the prime time ginga..first two hours after dawn and last 3 in the evening are most productive imo..morning being better..the morning usually produces good when its flat ollie even if its clean..ian got ten in an hour and a half this year in those exact conditions…and i found it productive also..i reckon birdlings is cleaned out and there aint many around..to many people know about that spot..could be wrong tho..have got geared up for some flounder action will give it a nudge tommorrow eve :)

Miliwolf
    Participant

The fiery ginga

oompalompa
    Participant

shark slayer

yellowfin
    Participant

probly just one of those mornings then jo!

troutfishernz
    Participant

Just got back from fishing the back beach near Nelson. Pretty quiet, My friend got this small stingray and I got a couple of Small Greyboys.

shark slayer
    Participant

nice eagle ray there troutfisher..3 rig on lite trout gear tonight..mr flounder is being elusive but oh well the rig were fun..all released of course..looking good for a shark fish tommorrow……!?!?

troutfishernz
    Participant

Had a quick fish off the Nelson waterfront today. Not a lot happening, a few small snapper around legal size caught by other people, all I got was a heap of Wrasse.
    Going Over to Kina Peninsula tonight for a fish and hopefully get away from the Small Pannie Snapper that seem to be around Nelson City.

yellowfin
    Participant

went to kaikoura as planned, after some moki, managed 16 all up most were caught between 10am and lunchtime 10 were legal with four of them being over 50cm
    also got the smallest conger ive ever seen a few mullet and a spotty was a enjoyable day in the end

fishforpot
    Participant

5 gurnard , 1 sizeable schoolie , 7 kahawai , 4 carpet sharks ,1 skate and around 40 doggies at Kaikoura for the day …..

That was 3 of us fishing 2 rods each ……

troutfishernz
    Participant

Ended up going down the Back beach rather than Kina peninsula . Heaps of bites but couldn’t seem to hook them all I got was this 30cm Pan sized Snapper, Normally I would realease a fish this size but it was bleeding from the gills Plus I haven’t had fresh Snapper for Ages.

shark slayer
    Participant

nice snaps there troutfisher a pannie is allgood…well done ffp..and thats a badass moki catch there ginga good stuff..went out last night and scored a moki myself….

yellowfin
    Participant

i got 2 moki from port levy off the yak today. might take a look at badlings tomorrow.

yellowfin
    Participant

oops….home brew strikes again!

shark slayer
    Participant

uh oh..the drunk englishmen is back haha…well done on the yak olllie i will chew your ear about that when i see you next..got another moki last night..this evening aswell but whis one was small..scrappy as tho i thought i had a goodie..ant the pooch scored some dehydrated maori cheif..yum yum second only to smoked wrasse sandwiches haha :grin:

shark slayer
    Participant

arrived at conway last night to test my 2 week theory…tried in the dark with crab so i didnt get picked out but the rig were annoying..got 5 in about half an hour so packed up ready for the morning..most of the rig were small but one was around 18lb..up this morning at 7am was pretty fucked from work but got a bait in around 7.20..it was non stop action for an hour and a half..got a bag limit caught 8 all up but let 3 big cows go..good times..off on the next mission…………..

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 731 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.