2012 surf catches Spring/summer

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 731 total)
  • Author
    Miliwolf
    Participant

Sad news up here in Blenheim, the idiots in what was formerly the ministry of fishery have allowed recreational set neting to start again.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/marlborough-expr … -applauded

elmo22
    Participant

haveto get some crabs myself how many you get and what part of the tide did you do it..i normaly get mine at southshore but the low tide is to early for me,

yellowfin
    Participant

got my 50 crab limit in less than 30min, went to ambo tonight crabs were feeding very active till 12am so gave up and just got home, i used to get mine at southshore at low tide also in a wee pot,

fishforpot
    Participant

You will catch them anywhere along the beach in 2-3feet of water ….if you wade into any guts or channels you’ll catch them …..as said , south shore is good ……..Peir is where I go , unless I’m fishing Spencers , then I catch them where I’m fishing ..
    Low tide is easier …..off the Peir Id go half tide and only 2/3rds of the way along…

yellowfin
    Participant

You read my mind fishforpot, I were dropping my catcher off the pier and first drop left it for about 2 min and pulled it up with 12,

yellowfin
    Participant

Might head to Kaikoura tomorrow for the day, try squeeze in another trip before xmas as next two weeks will be busy i think

elmo22
    Participant

just got back from southshore went and got lots of tuatua very easy to get this time heaps all over the place, took my crab pot with me only got about 10 crabs by the time i got my tuatuas i had a bit of ky for bait,so put some tuatua in and started to get a few tide was just staring to come in so that my of help in getting more crabs,got about 35-40 so happy with that all ready to get some fish now

shark slayer
    Participant

yes miliwolf very sad to see…from the needles right past the sounds i beleive…watch the moki and butter populations plummet..gill netters will be a plenty..when will people learn aye…need to get some tuatua myself elmo..and some paua..been real small tides out here..and rough as so havn’t been able to get any.was gonna head out for a ele hunt in the am but its still shitty as out this way..maybe monday,if not later in the week..we need some wind to knock this swell off..rig will be around though.

St_Paul
    Participant

Pfft, commercial and Iwi have been allowed to set net all along and take their quota’s, recreational catch pales in comparison..

Miliwolf
    Participant

St_Paul

fishforpot
    Participant

Bag limits need reducing …. limit of 5 hooks on longlines/kites torpedos etc

GPS data on all commercial fishing boats …. get them 5miles from the coastline minimum …..

Sad news indeed milli

burkefish
    Participant

gps is currently being trialed out of timaru, also with video cameras.

oompalompa
    Participant

Miliwolf

Miliwolf
    Participant

fishforpot

St_Paul
    Participant

It’s about time limits were sorted out. 20 rig or even kahawai is a ridiculous amount for anyone.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 731 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.