2012 surf catches Spring/summer

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 731 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

went for a fish this morning between 2-530am had 4 hitson crab , two of which hung on for a while but dropped the baits the other two just made rid bend over took a bit of line then nothing , oh well thats fishing i guess, will have to wait till friday till i next get out, Might take tuatua with me next time to try snare some ele

Duckman
    Participant

Went up to Kaikoura today, 1 43cm Moki from Southbay :grin:

Miliwolf
    Participant

Nice Moki Duckman, the one I caught a month or so back was similar in size.

><> <>< ><>

Had a “magical” evening in the sounds tonight, would provide a few details tomorrow after work.

HIPP
    Participant

Nice Moki, anyone have any joy with Eles over the weekend?, cheers, Hipp

yellowfin
    Participant

nt the weekend been, but this coming one i will!!

yellowfin
    Participant

Nope, went after eles at Coopers Lagoon but there was nothing around apart from lots of crabs and lice.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Awesome sunset last night, one of the best I seen.

“>
    Sunset1 by Thomas J. Walsh, on Flickr

“>
    PC0200543B by Thomas J. Walsh, on Flickr

Duckman
    Participant

Awesome pic’s mili

fishforpot
    Participant

Spot-X Bayleys …….someone had been there in the am , left a schoolie head on the beach , maybe 20-30lb …..could have been bigger but I’d be guessing ….
    Fished from 5.30-9.30 …..had paua out on 1 rod most of the night , not touched ….
    The other rod had a crab bait on it for some of the time , the rest it wasnt even in the water ….landed 3 rig …could have caught oodles of them but didnt want them …..threw 2 of the rig back , kept a small male for a feed ….
    No sign of ele’s …..always done far better in the am for them tho
    Had some fun with a compressed air cannon a mate has built ….. fired a 4 ounce sinker with a plastic streamer/tail 220mtrs down the beach ….. then fired a bait out around 150mtrs Id say …..couldnt see a splash so it was pretty well out there …..
    Got a few refinements to make …want 200mtrs with 1 bait …can think of several spots where the extra distance will be a huge advantage ….

shark slayer
    Participant

i meant along kaitoriti spit elmo..never mind mate the ele fishing was non existent..should of just had a beer myself…been busy last few day’s chasing ele’s..and i mean chasing..no catching involved..got a couple of small rig..lot’s of schoolys around..a few good eating size around the 10-20lb mark wich is good to see..doggys..small red cod although sometimes i was just winding in a head…a conger with attitude..and thats about it..ian robertson got a few eles the other day..was gonna head down aswell but decided to spin in the lake instead..bugger..water is flat ass today im off in hope of an ele…nice moki there duckman..will start targeting them when/if i get a few eles…

elmo22
    Participant

went to baileys after work yeserday got there approx 5.30pm drove down the beach approx 1km very soft in the shingle and the old truck struggled got struck and had to but it in 4×4 low didnt like that at all, got to were i fish,only reason i drive there to fish is that i got a couple of fish there 2 years ago and thought its was good put have got nothing for years,, Its my SPOT X, not as good as fish-for-pot spot (help me fish-for-pot) well any way got out of the truck and went down the beach and looked at the sea,very windy and the sea was choppy well any way didnt fish so drove back down the beach and went home,, a waste of time and fuel…if any one is going out fishing this weekend and would like company let me know and i will meet up and fish with you and have a laugh and tell fishing lies

fishforpot
    Participant

Dazza fished spot-X Bayleys this morning ..1 small rig around first light ……then around 7am “similar time as a few weekends ago” the eles came on the bite ….he took 3 ….reckoned he could have caught heaps but how much does one person need ….

I could be heading out that way Sunday am Elmo ….. will watch the forcast ….

Heading to Kaikoura with the air cannon tomorrow …..mate still hasnt built the rapid release trigger for it , but 150ish is still a good cast …..carrots are the target species once again

yellowfin
    Participant

Hope to head out tomorrow night and saturday night, tomorrow no doubt be ambo and not too sure about sat evening as i have a 21st too go to so may sneak away early :P for um “personal” reasons

fishforpot
    Participant

Kaikoura today ….4 carpet sharks ,4 dogfish , 3 skate , 4 school sharks and 3 kahawai ……
    Water turned black with kahawai at lunchtime …sea was boiling with them …we took 2 , put one back then packed up …..
    Took 2 schoolies , one around 6-7pound the other around 14lb …..other 2 were throwbacks ….

Rain hit about 1.30…was an awesome morning …..no carrots

yellowfin
    Participant

Went crabbing at the pier , Were alone out there (prob the only prick stupid enough) so hope too get some fish tonight!!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 731 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.