Salmon Season – 2010/2011

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 407 total)
  • Author
    limitbag
    Participant

hi the hole was down past mouth most boats were anchored over top of it not the best way to fish it . might go to fish mouth anything seen today is water looking good for the morning.

yellowfin
    Participant

could u cast into the hole from the point of the mak and kaiapoi

limitbag
    Participant

tide would affect your range i have seen people fish it their the bottom is very soft on the point in places i fished it two weekends ago

yellowfin
    Participant

oh k so it a bit dangerous walking out real far
    has there been many taken around the kaiapoi mouth

yellowfin
    Participant

Is the waimak fishable this morning?

yellowfin
    Participant

Hey guy’s does anyone know the best way to access the Kaipoi mouth from the opposite side of the Mc intosh’s?

Participant

Not a bad day down mackys today 3 caught on rocks (maybe 4) and 3 caught on south side kaiapoi mouth (not bad odds over there when you consider the amount of people fishing there) most caught early this morning with odd one caught throughout day,nothing for the boats today which is a bit unusual …..

Anyone know how waimak mouth fished today ??

yellowfin
    Participant

Nothing caught at the mouth today..Macs is fishing way better even though the mouth is looking good now!!

Participant

Cheers for that kevo just got back from a flick above the dirt bike tracks (waimak), ill let you guys in on a secret theres a beaut hole up there nice pool on the edge of the swift current saw evidence that salmon were caught there earlier today..Though no luck myself on the salmon tonight i did manage half dozen small trout (released) on the trout gear,great fun on the light gear

yellowfin
    Participant

Cheers mate,but where is the dirt bike track?..is it miners rd?

Participant

Sorry but not sure what the road is called kevo, i will try to explain abit better….. if you take the road that runs past where they launch the boats beside main road bridge and just follow that upriver untill you reach the moto cross area, its not far past there that you can see the hole from the main road then its just a case of following the track down to the river…..

P.S Would pay to take waders or high gumboots with you also ….

Had a quick look at mackys after work today 4 caught from boats and 1 lost mouth kaiapoi …….

yellowfin
    Participant

7 taken at mouth today 2 lost also!!

HIPP
    Participant

Fished the Waimak gorge tonight,waters a great colour no sign of fish thou!

yellowfin
    Participant

Salmon taken by my brother and I at the mouth this avo..both good fish!!<a href="“>

yellowfin
    Participant

Nice fish kevo!

How many were caught at the mouth today?

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 407 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.